the million dollar sng strategy ITT!!

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So with three other players all in preflop in an eight or nine handed game (assuming they've got at least as many chips as we do) we can call with low connectors or Ax?

I guess the point is almost moot since the situation is so rare - I can't remember the last time I saw three players AIPF in the early game when I still had a chance to act.

Against two players getting 2:1, maybe better with some dead money from the blinds, seems like a more common situation but I still have to think about what ranges we're up against. TT+ / AQ+ might even be a bit wide but against two players on that range neither Ax suited nor unsuited connectors have better than about 19-22% chip equity. Am I missing something?

Dunninger

Dunninger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So with three other players all in preflop in an eight or nine handed game (assuming they've got at least as many chips as we do) we can call with low connectors or Ax?

I guess the point is almost moot since the situation is so rare - I can't remember the last time I saw three players AIPF in the early game when I still had a chance to act.

Against two players getting 2:1, maybe better with some dead money from the blinds, seems like a more common situation but I still have to think about what ranges we're up against. TT+ / AQ+ might even be a bit wide but against two players on that range neither Ax suited nor unsuited connectors have better than about 19-22% chip equity. Am I missing something?

The only time I can think of seeing this is on a bad beat table. I was at a table that I joined in AC where everyone was in every hand.. and I was asking what are you guys doing.. because they were all playing rags.. turned out it was a "group" effort to try and hit the bad beat..

Interesting.. but I moved tables so I could play poker. Of course they never hit it !

:party:

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

i like sng's. my play varies on the buyin, i know this isn't the right playing style being looser in micro stakes, in the beginning that is.

generally when i'm playing more seriously i play tight and watch my position in the beginning.

i found doing the sng challeges at the ft academy helped. there's some good advice there, plus the bonus of accumulating points.

i've already cashed for a step3 tournament ticket, so it's worht the extra time for me.

good luck :party:

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the input. Basically, I am looking for ways to widen my range in the early stages, mainly playing 7-9 handed. I would only plan on playing such hands late to act pre-flop vs limpers or maybe a min-raise. But, it does seem sound in certain situations.