Micro SNGs to build a bankroll?

PetarT

PetarT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone!

What is the best way/format to build a bankroll in the micros these days?

9 player SNGs/90-180 man SNGs/Double or Nothing SNGs/MTTs?

I'm really interested in hearing your opinion.

Also: do you think is it a good strategy to play Double or Nothing SNGs starting from the 1.1$ win two of them, than play a 2.2$, win two of those, than register to a 4$, etc. ?

Thanks in advance! :angel:

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone!

What is the best way/format to build a bankroll in the micros these days?

9 player SNGs/90-180 man SNGs/Double or Nothing SNGs/MTTs?

Also: do you think is it a good strategy to play Double or Nothing SNGs starting from the 1.1$ win two of them, than play a 2.2$, win two of those, than register to a 4$, etc. ?

Thanks in advance!
👼
Never jump up stakes that fast, or you’ll lose it all eventually.
I find SnGs (9 man)take a lot of rake in the long run even if you run well, so MTTs would be my choice, but you always want 50-100 buyins available,
90-180 man are a different story and I think can increase your BR much faster and safer without the long haul and extra luck needed to win a larger mtt.
Cash games are my nemesis so my game of choice and best bankroll builder is always MTTs

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
90-180 man SnGs dont exist any more. The last site, which had them, was pokerstars, but they replaced them with "on demand" games in late 2021. The ROI ceiling is highest in MTTs, but variance is lower in SnGs, and its easier to find time to play them. If you really mean, that you want to build up a bankroll, then you cant use gambling systems like dubbling up the stakes, until you lose. Maybe you can find some inspiration in the early part of this thread:

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, may to build your bankroll in the micro SNG tournaments... But is very difficult: by one simple cause,
because this is micro!..

J

jday00m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im currently doing the low buy in double or nothing SNGs. 1.50-3.00 buks. Just having fun.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me on micro levels MTTs are the worty ones, from 50buy-ins up to 120buy-ins can pay out the first place, depending how big the player field is.
But one thing is to acknowledge is that small profits are still profits, and if you not hit big ones, your small steps can be rated great as well. And of course as every player has their own strenght, you probably have to find the most suitable games, number of the players/tables, the motion of the parties, and just keep pushing yourself into them, and of course still learning from them.
On micro levels for example I'm playing a wilder range sometimes with different pre and post flop actions, depending on the field I'm faced with. So the most exciting part on the micros for me is to assimilate your game to the actual field, and making the most from it. :)
GL!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Like, so interested that you will forget to come back and check out the responses? ;)

If you do return, I'd suggest micro MTTs and just last minute late reg the smallest buy-ins for a while, until you are sure you are playing profitably.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
If you can spend more time, Mtt will be the optimal solution. The more players, the greater the winning opportunities that may allow for the next step.

NSX_Amfe2nat

NSX_Amfe2nat

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
i think that from start better play any freerolls and after play micro limits mtt or cash nl2

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could play freerolls at the side. With Double or Nothings you will build very slowly but on the other side they don't need much attention as it is sufficient to be in the better half of the players.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
SNGs are definitely a good way to build a bankroll. Especially the STTs 9-max or 6-max. SNGs have less variance than MTTs or cash games.
I also started to build my bankroll with 9-handed SNGs always playing levels having 150 buy-ins in my bankroll. I know, it is relatively conservative, but it works. If you want to play more aggressive bankroll management, then you also could try to play down to 50-75 buy-ins, of course.

Additionally, I added freerolls and some MTTs as well but always considered my bankroll management.
Nowadays, I play mostly 6-max Turbo SNGs, freerolls and when the time allows it some MTTs. But to reduce the variance I would recommend playing regular speed for the start.

Meanwhile, I play also mostly low buy-ins. Although, by bankroll management, I should play higher buy-ins, but I feel not ready for this as I am only playing in my free time besides my job and I think I am not beating the field so far.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management