Management of my bank.

N

Naruba

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Assuming I have 100 dollars in banking, what kind of tournaments should I play so as not to irrigate my banking.

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a rule of thumb I never play tournaments with a buy in higher than 1 % of my bank roll. This is quite safe. So if had 100 dollars, I wouldn't play tournaments that are more expensive than 1 dollar.

N

Naruba

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a rule of thumb I never play tournaments with a buy in higher than 1 % of my bank roll. This is quite safe. So if had 100 dollars, I wouldn't play tournaments that are more expensive than 1 dollar.

1%? With reason many times I lose my entire bank.

Olinosterfant

Olinosterfant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would still play up to $5 tourneys with a $100 bankroll, but mainly $1 buy-ins. And 1/2c tables with the odd 5/10c table.

V

vzmoney

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant tell u Im really good at spending my bankroll lol

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1$ tournaments are ideal for a 100$ bankroll. If you have the option to play on pokerstars, then the 45 and 180 man 1$ SnGs should be your bread and butter tournaments, until you build a larger roll and got some experience.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In unlimited cash games you can play for bets of $ 0.01 \ 0.02 and limit $ 0.05 \ 0.1. Single-table SNG $ 1.1, multi-table tournaments $ 0.55. Heads up $ 3.3.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I recommend that you play the $ 1 sit go that has pokerstars so you would have 100 boxes and they are tournaments of 180 very profitable players and without re-purchases

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cardschat has all the answers to your bankroll questions.

https://www.cardschat.com/poker-bankroll-management.php

There is a lot of good advice in that article but also some, I disagree with. 20 buyins for cash games and 50 for tournaments is very aggressive and frankly outdated. 30 and 100 are more reasonable number to go for in todays tough games. Maybe 70 for single table SnG and 200, if you only play large field MTTs.

And for cash games the bankroll requirement must be defined from the table maximum, even you buy in short. You are much more likely to be all in with 40BB than 100BB, so playing short does not reduce your variance proportionately. Playing 10NL with 80$ bankroll will almost always end in tears. A beginner with that bankroll should be playing the 2NL tables instead.

I also don’t agree with the advice to not use auto top up. I understand, that the article is written for beginners, but why not learn good habits from the start? By not using auto top-up you need to constantly adjust to different stack sizes, which makes learning more difficult.

Sure its relevant to track your results and follow a stop-loss strategy, but you can track your results in the cashier or in your tracker, if you use one. Also if you use more conservative bankroll management in the first place, its less of an issue, if you somewhat exceed your stop-loss.

I also dont like to set a stop-win. When we are winning, we are typically playing well, and maybe we found good tables, so why not make as much as possible from that situation? It makes a ton more sense to cut the session short, when we are losing. Keep your winners and dump your losers is an old mantra for stock investors, and poker players should generally be thinking the same way.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll management says play 100 buy-ins tournament for example 1$ tournaments are ideal for a 100$ bankroll.