T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don´t get it either. I don´t think that restricted tournaments are necessary at all but if you offer one, then don´t let other people take part in it. That does not make any sense.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Because its free $$$ :D

Sarcasm
Let me know where you play, and we'll see. ;)

I think it's just disrespectful, even if I myself don't feel the need to play women only tournaments. Don't get me wrong, I would still play though for the fun of it, and to have that comraderie with like minded ladies, but I'm just as comfortable sitting down to play poker with a table full of men. Still, if there was a tournament for one group or another only, that didn't include me, I wouldn't try to crash the game. I would be respectful of the guidelines and find something else to play. I think the men that crash these tournaments are exactly the kind of guys that women are trying to get away from with the ladies only tournaments. :laugh:

A

Arnakk2424

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think it's just disrespectful, even if I myself don't feel the need to play women only tournaments. Don't get me wrong, I would still play though for the fun of it, and to have that comraderie with like minded ladies, but I'm just as comfortable sitting down to play poker with a table full of men. Still, if there was a tournament for one group or another only, that didn't include me, I wouldn't try to crash the game. I would be respectful of the guidelines and find something else to play. I think the men that crash these tournaments are exactly the kind of guys that women are trying to get away from with the ladies only tournaments. :laugh:
haha tammy I was about to said something about you in my reply but I was like, ok its a woman, she may take it bad :p.
We all know woman are good at poker because we are gentleman and we don't want them to cry :D
For woman tournament, I disagree with that. Everyone is egal

B

bethqueen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly don't understand either!
pokerstars is full of men in women's tournaments and I don't know why this is because pokerstars is very clear in their rules that any undue amount will be suspended and your account will be banned. Now I don't know if this happens often because of lack of site monitoring or because of their insistence.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
haha tammy I was about to said something about you in my reply but I was like, ok its a woman, she may take it bad :p.
We all know woman are good at poker because we are gentleman and we don't want them to cry :D
For woman tournament, I disagree with that. Everyone is egal
Haha! Now I'm curious. :p

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!:ciao:
I've read about it.
I think men are attracted by the fact that the competition is much less. After all, the number in women's tournaments is much lower.
Also, I think they are attracted by the prizes themselves - sometimes they are simply amazing.
Most likely, this is the reason to find legal loopholes for participating in women's tournaments.
But, this is just my opinion.:eek:

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think it's just disrespectful, even if I myself don't feel the need to play women only tournaments. Don't get me wrong, I would still play though for the fun of it, and to have that comraderie with like minded ladies, but I'm just as comfortable sitting down to play poker with a table full of men. Still, if there was a tournament for one group or another only, that didn't include me, I wouldn't try to crash the game. I would be respectful of the guidelines and find something else to play. I think the men that crash these tournaments are exactly the kind of guys that women are trying to get away from with the ladies only tournaments. [emoji23]
No respect what so ever for the ladies!

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How come there are no "mens only" tournys? :smile: I'll answer my own question,,, it's wrong to dis-include people based on their race,gender,skin color,eye color,foot size,,,,anything. Think about it,,, :icon_scra

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have never played in women's tournaments, although sometimes I have seen that such tournaments are available in the lobby. I thought that only women could take part in such tournaments, namely players who indicated female gender when registering an account. I didn't know that men could also play there. This is strange.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did not know they did and second why is there ladies tournaments anyway. Might as well have for short people, tall people, red headed people. If there is any competition in the world that is more gender neutral, I do not know what it is. Exclusive tournaments are a gimmick to get more players that would not normally play. And nothing wrong with that, it is good for the game.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strict compliance with the rules? And even in poker? C'mon people, everyone is just bluffing. There is always someone who considers himself the smartest.:)