Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
In early stages I am playing tight, but use every opportunity to steal the blinds by bluffing. In general, most of your opponents are playing tight early as well, so I see a great potential of stealing blinds. If someone is calling my raise preflop, or even 3bet - I just evaluate the flop, and if there is nothing scary - snap raise, and in the most cases the opponent folds (when hitting nothing on flop).Having some extra blinds earned in early stages will only help you during the middle stage, where you could rely only on really strong hands to get into the money. With only 3 or 4 players left, turn on the aggressive mode, widen the range of hands to play, no fear and with some luck take that win!

D

Denver225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at the initial stage we can only play a good hand but also can not afford to log in with small pairs and small suited connectors...adhering to strategii loss of one third of our stack in the early stage

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In early stages I am playing tight, but use every opportunity to steal the blinds by bluffing. In general, most of your opponents are playing tight early as well, so I see a great potential of stealing blinds. If someone is calling my raise preflop, or even 3bet - I just evaluate the flop, and if there is nothing scary - snap raise, and in the most cases the opponent folds (when hitting nothing on flop).Having some extra blinds earned in early stages will only help you during the middle stage, where you could rely only on really strong hands to get into the money. With only 3 or 4 players left, turn on the aggressive mode, widen the range of hands to play, no fear and with some luck take that win!
A great strategy), though optimistic about it. Good luck and success for you too.

Q

Quads2017

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Single table tournaments is my favourite format! Especially in the low stakes playing tight and only your strong hands agressively can easlily get you into the money as there are minimum 5 really loose players involved.

Reaching the final three it is really fun eliminating the third player and then play heads - up!

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy the 180 SNG, i find you need to play aggressively more with top cards early game and fold the mediocre hands,When you reach under 100 players then its time to open ur playing range and raisingWhen betting to large early on many players will fold Only playing tight earl;y and loosing up late game

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
in early stage dont waist any hand cause blinds are small wait for the action on middle and late stage agression with good hands must going up as the blinds are ,sit and go are my favourites with 90 players

Z

ZARGA123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For MTT I am JOB (Patience is the Key) from the bible and for S'n'Gs I'm Goliath ( Giant Raises in position and keep rocking make sure not to face David,the vilain who will trap you with his hands)

bellam

bellam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play tight from the start and establish myself slowly. The first minutes are always awkward. The worst Sit n Go's I know of are the turbos.

B

Blueberries

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always struggled with sng's while doing quite well in tournaments. I think based on reading this article that I played a bit too tight in the early levels.

I did better in the middle and late stages - but had often lost chips by then even playing a bit tight.

I completely understand your issue Dakota, I have the same. There are less players involved so I think that's why you start playing tight. The way to the money seems less far. I kinda hope others will go all-in and will bring me closer to the money, but sadly that's a bad way to go. You have to be patient of course, but dare to bet. Especially early on, because that's when the blinds haven't taken over yet and you aren't short stacked yet. Others want to play tight in the beginning too, so use that to your advantage. It helps (not always).

Hackerosito

Hackerosito

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These tournaments I like very much, I play in the initial stage looking to fold in chips and win wells and go increasing my stack, and close to the collections continue my way of playing and in the final stage always observer of the other players and find ways to enter the final table.

Gary_Heart

Gary_Heart

Gotta Have Heart
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I love Sit-n-go tournaments. With No re-buys or Add-ons and 6 or 9 players it's like starting at the final table with a good shot at making the cash!

With shorter time commitment and a 33% chance of cashing (VS. MTT @ 10-12%) I find them very enjoyable - Even with small payouts you just don't run into a lot of bingo players - so in the early stages you have a better chance to see the flop with lesser hands.

S&Gs really become fun when players are reduced down to the money bubble and the LAGTARDS turn up the aggression.
Just steal some pots yourself, protect your stack, and BET that monster hand when it hits.
After the bubble - play your image but be prepared to mix it up and you'll make it to heads up. :five:

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play the $0.10 360 players SNG tournaments at poker stars. As the article teach, you have to start playing aggresive all your premium hands to have a good chance to make your path till the end of the tournament. I personally believe that AQ and Ak are only monster hands in late position with few players and if they are suited. At the middle stage it is difficult not to go with A8 or less, but try not to make dumb bettings because it can cost you the tournament. During the late stages, I addapt to the table in wich Im playing and try to be aggresive only with AA or KK, even the QQ can give you some hard times in this phase. In the bubble I try not to think that everything is done, I prefer to look for the first positions and learn from the final players. SNG tournaments are great but still prefer the MTT tournaments ;)

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In SNG Every chip is critical and I do not have to take much risks, I must increase when I have a monster hand and I have to adjust my strategy if there are at least four players on the flop. And if my stack is too low it's time to go all in with a good hand where I can get back up.

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In SNG tournaments, I try to play like all tournaments (zderzhano and tight). In these tournaments, most players provoke another game and I have to support them

Katyushka4

Katyushka4

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sng's is a difficult task for me. As a result, at low limits I either got in Top-3 or lost at an early stage (much more often). I often entered in bank with more than 4 players. I also tend to bet more than I need for 1-2 BB. Instead of 3-betting, I do 4-bet, and instead of 4-BB I do 6-BB.
Now, when I wrote this words and look at the text on my screen it left a mark on my mind. I will try to work on my game.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Play Sng on partypoker 9man and my strategy is very simple and I got a nice profit , 1.5k starting stack 10/20 , that means 75bigs starting.
I start playing tight a bit at first , play strong hands , play in position etc..
medium stage you have to try some steals very often then try to play a bit agressive in the bubble always in position with a healthy stack
it's very profitable for the late stage , but if you're short , push/fold strategy is good there.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess the middle stages were my weakness when I played them. I would start off well - but as the blinds increased I was just never sure what to do until I was short-stacked. With only 1500 starting chips it was such a struggle for me.

thaysen13

thaysen13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday I won a 45 man 0.25 SNG on stars so this is my strategy.
In the early stages play tight only if you have jj qq kk aa then play agressive to get some chips from the fish. Middle stages you should limp hands if you are in position for the bubble play agressive. It worked for me.
(Sorry for my bad English)

thaysen13

thaysen13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanx Cardschat for this subform I red this and it help me to win 2 45man 0.25dollar sng's. Or is it just luck I don't really know but thanx Cardschat!!!