long distance

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys and girls, if you can give me advice on how to play better at long distances in tournaments, please leave your messages. I understand how to play myself, but I want to know your opinion about this. Maybe I will learn something new for myself and I will apply it in practice.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
torneos largos

hello. if you mean to play mtt tournaments or cash tournaments if you are a rookie you should play mtt because in cash you need more bank- in cash you can lose several boxes in a few minutes.

PeLLeTTi

PeLLeTTi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend you start by playing sit and go, as you will get used to the game situations faster. Especially if your intention is to play MTT one day.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should have patience, always have a plan before making a decision and improve your play when your stack is short.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys and girls, if you can give me advice on how to play better at long distances in tournaments, please leave your messages. I understand how to play myself, but I want to know your opinion about this. Maybe I will learn something new for myself and I will apply it in practice.
I think to play well in tournaments you need good discipline and you need to know very well how to play with a short stack, these are probably the most key skills for an MTT player, secondly you need to understand how to play when you have the biggest stack in a tournament! But I think that if you learn the game when you're short stacked, you'll get good results in MTTs! Good luck at the tables!

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight early in the tournament, tight-aggressive in the middle of the tournament, loose-aggressive in the late stages.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thank you for posting.

Going deep in a tournament requires building stacks. Therefore to go deep we have to take the risk of getting knocked out by taking advantage of situations not just the cards.

One such situation is 3 bet Isolation raising a weak player on your table with a wider range of hands rather than just calling trying to win a multiway pot.

Another is slow playing hands vs agg players so flatting AA in the right spots. We will get AA cracked this way but the goal is stack building not hand winning.

Shoving our 40bb stacks preflop in spots is also risky but helps us steal pots and get big double ups.

A good pro player cashes 1-6 on average but they run deep when they cash.

Hope this helps
:):)

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
ObbleeXY's Top 20 Mistakes Preventing Your MTT Progress

If you are not lasting late game in MTTs, chances are you are making some of the follwing mistakes. Here is a TOP 20 list... there are more...and arguably others more important...but this is what leapt to mind.

1) playing too many hands
2) playing too wide from certain positions
3) getting involved with multiway pots
4) limping
5) calling when you should just fold
6) calling when you should raise
7) raising when you should just check or fold
8) ignoring fold equity
9) getting your bet sizing wrong
10) not gathering intel / player stats / notes
11) not reviewing the hands for mistakes made in prior/current game
12) bluffing the big stack
13) calling the Nits
14) bluffing a call-station
15) trying to steal too often with poor hole cards.
16) c-betting vs the blinds with a flop that favours their range
17) Ugh...I havent really mentioned range...so much about ranges and position to get wrong!
18) Not identifying the weaknesses of all players. We all have them. Whether it is too tight, too loose, slow playing, etc.
19) Slow playing sets
20) Betting out of position with a monster
Bonus
21) Ignoring flush/straight draws coming in.
22) Ignoring "the story" being told by the betting.

How many of these mistakes have you made today?
What have I missed?

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AFS. One of the key parameters when choosing a tournament will be the number of players who play it. The more players in the tournament, the lower the chance to take first place. However, in smaller tournaments, the prize will naturally be less than low AFS tournaments.Tournament qualification. A service such as sharkscope provides an opportunity to see the strength of the tournament, that is, its qualification. We told you the main points about the choice of tournaments in the last article. Remember, the lower the qualification of the tournament, the more profitable it is for us to play it.good luck

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to make yourself clear, that most tournaments last 3 or 4 or even many more hours. A lot of players try to win the tournament in the beginning and are taking too many risks. Time to open up and play more hands is in later stages. So maybe you would like to watch some videos on YT at the beginning, while you wait for good spots to play, and start really playing focused, when the money bubble approaches.

fedkov

fedkov

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
There is one moment at a distance, the closer the prizes, the more the players are squeezed and try not to take risks. It must be remembered that in prizes the cost of chips increases greatly, and there are much more adequate people.

K

KITAYAWA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that without a distance in poker it is impossible to understand whether you are a good player or a bad one.