Letting people fold.

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a proponent of Giving folks a chance to fold. You know a teaser bet. See if you get a reraise but mostly to get another blind financed by the other peoples money. When you get caught you look weak to set a trap. When you do not you look strong.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When it turns out this way, it's always a skill. When you lose it is badloose.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a proponent of Giving folks a chance to fold. You know a teaser bet. See if you get a reraise but mostly to get another blind financed by the other peoples money. When you get caught you look weak to set a trap. When you do not you look strong.

I dont quite understand what you are talking about. Proper bet sizing and applying fold equity in the right spots will definitely make a difference - but betting just because you can to see if folks will fold will just cost you more in the long run. Give a player the right price to float you light and you could cause your own downfall.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I only go on reads and bet if I know for sure someone is going to fold. I like to know when someone CB's flop just to give up on the turn when facing a flop call.

I wouldn't do this on an unknown player as you will more than likely bleed chips

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Any time you can induce a fold with a weak hand is a good thing. My problem is getting folds when I have the nuts. Still working on bet sizing.

Folding in Poker