Late Registrations.......Do they bring in the Bots???

Falzee

Falzee

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I never thought too much about late registrations in various tournaments until lately. I recently entered a tournament in which there were 7 players. Next thing I knew there were 20 some players, and then, it went up to 37. I do believe that some (not all) of these poker sites use 'Late Registration' as an excuse to slip in the bots. Anyone have similar experience?

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Did you check if those tournaments have sats? Maybe some satellites finished and the players get in automaticly.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Maybe they do so, because we see many strange things! How fair is to play with bots? There is no control about it!

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Why should poker sites do that? Each table occupied takes some server usage and is not available for rake of other real players.

I think late registration is a fair strategy to limit your time played and maximize possible return per hour played.

You can easily register at the latest blind round of a tourney if you know how to play short stack. Either you double or triple up soon or it's up to the next one. If you do so, you usually have more than most other players who played an hour or more already.

I always late register with regular MTTs, if available, and I'm not a bot, or am I? 🤖

In case it's a PKO or turbo/hyper speed it makes less sense to do that and indeed one can notice that in the very early stages of the tournament, there's very few players because stacks are so deep and there's no big action happening.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hi all!
I don't think they are bots.
There are several reasons why the number of players can increase dramatically:
1. There are satellites for this tournament that take place at the time of late registration
2. Some players already have a ticket for this tournament, but for some reason, they did not use it at the start
3. A very large number of players, for whom the buy-in means nothing, prefer to register at the last moment in order not to lose time. However, the dispersion in this case is much higher.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
I was watching apestyles stream playing a 25k$ buy in tourmament and even there some players ( if i remember right 5 players ) did late reg at the last blind level allowed so you can imagine the number of late regs in lower buy ins.... bots are people using softwares on their computer not something a poker room throws in, poker rooms make big numbers they wont risk it for a bot and its wins ,they got more to lose than to win with a bot

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
a 25k$ buy in tourmament and even there some players ( if i remember right 5 players ) did late reg at the last blind level
Exactly. I also remember one member explaining how he saw it at wsop and some of those players quickly had more chips than him.

It's simply a strategy one can follow if he knows what he's doing. Otherwise he'll just lose the buy-in.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Bots are certainly a concern, but what advantage does a site have for adding bots to a tournament? Especially Tournaments with guarantees, they want the paying public to see the overlay and jump in for the added value, Eventually enough people join so that the guarantee is met and the site makes its money.

Bots are much more prevalent in cash games on less reputable sites. I'm not sayin they don't exist on reputable sites, or in tournaments, but I do think that poker players in particular tend to look for conspiracy theories everywhere.

Falzee

Falzee

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes, that particularly tournament did not have satellites.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have no evidence of this . But what I hate is when I join a tourney , then to be moved to a table , and this table to be filled with new entries , starting stack . I used to see this a lot on ACR . They should move new players to existed tables , do to play against shorter or larger stacks , not all same stacks ....

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you check if those tournaments have sats? Maybe some satellites finished and the players get in automaticly.
Yes this is why, a bunch of players sometimes enter simultaneously during late registration. A satellite just finished, which ran past the time, where the tournament began. Anyone, who have played satellites on a regular basis, have tried this themselfes. So no offense to OP, but this is a bit of a rookie question. Just because you dont understand something, does not mean, its some big conspiracy ;)

S

stepashka321

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late registration is nice thing.
Attention is fresh, lucky maniac with top stack on table will attack any bet , and new players with small stacks can to increase his stack in 2.5-3 times easily per one all-in. Player can repeat this move, and stack already will be in 5x from starting, a race for prizes becomes real.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I only enter at the beginning of the tournament

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think they insert BOTs. really? However, the late registration is a way for the sites to make more $$$, without late registration at times the poker sites might not make enough entries to cover their posted prize amount. so its all about $$$. yours to them...

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think that they insert bots, I don't see why would they do that.