Late Registration System

M

mecke28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! Last weekend I saw articles and videos from Nathan Williams (BlackRain79Poker) also he is on this site.

His poker articles and videos are helping me as poker books and other poker articles and other poker coaches for me have stunbled and falled when it comes to explaining starting hands to beginners or a refresh course of badic starting hands

Not only does Nathan explain the starting hands in an article I read, but he explains it so a beginner of poker or for any poker player that has never been given a full understanding of starting hands for beginners of poker, but he goes into if a poker player who has been playing a long time and is struggling he explains why its best to go back to the basics of starting hands.

I continue to use my late registration system which I have over a $157.00 bankroll which was down to .08 cents 8 days before Halloween 2020.

This late registration has been fun and I will continue to build my bankroll using this system.

I continue to type in notes of players at the poker site and for me since reading articles online and watching videos from Nathan on YouTube I've been using my notes on site more often when it comes to the lowest hand a player has shown in a hand.

It has helped me win some extra hands and even when I've folded the hand I've noticed when there is an all in situation and the player's hands ate shown when I see starting hands that Nathan has mentioned as good starting hands I see what the end result at the river is.

I understand good hands can lose, but for me I'm seeing over a 60% win rate with these good starting hands Nathan has mentioned.

I struggle in raising preflop even though Nathan explains when you get a good hand preflop as to why its's best to raise preflop and depending on the flop raising to chase more players out of the pot.

I've been asked how I do good with my poker bankroll management?

In November 1993 I moved from Iowa to South Florida and that's when I met my friend's step dad Bob who is a professional handicapper in horse racing and before he would teach me about handicapping horse races he made me promise I would never bet my bill money!

Some have asked me what that means?

Any money that is suppose to be used to pay bills, rent, car payments and insurance, food and any necessities that money goes towards them!

I made that promise to Bob and even though I'm no longer friends with his step daughter I stick to that promise of never betting my bill money!

When I started betting on horse racing just like poker I started with the basics like micro betting horse races.

I love playing micro stakes tournaments with my late registration system, but I have to say for me and my bankroll that I'm currently at micro stakes for me is starting from freerolls-$3.00.

It doesn't mean I don't play in occasional poker tournaments $5.00 buy in or more late registration if it's to my advantage.

I know I've mentioned this before with my late registration system, but for me my number one goal in the tournament Im playing in is to to finish in the money enough to get my buy in back.

Which means unless I'm in the big blind and no one raises to me that will probably be the only time I play a hand if I'm not in the money yet!

That is in most cases in most of the tournaments I play in using my late registration.

It's about discipline. It's about bankroll management. It's about treating your bankroll in poker as a business.

Once I place in the money I do look at how many players away I am from making even more money and also I check quite frequently how many big blinds I have left, because it doesn't matter if it's your chips or money that you have.

In poker tournaments your chip stack is your life in the tournament. If you run out of chips in the tournament you're out of the tournament!

When it comes to your money if you run out of money you could be possibly homeless!

Never let that happen!

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a big post huh?

I've never used the late registrarion system , but i think overall its because i'm not a great player to enter a game with 12 big blinds or 15 big blinds.

I just came back from a friend that is a great player and already coaches on standardbacking and he uses that system of late registration too, but he doesnt play like you. He enters and the goal is to reach real prizes like getting to final tables.

I think if you are not a real good player its very nice to be registered when the tournament begins because a lot of recreative players still on the field and it could be easier to win some chips.

M

mecke28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's about using a poker system that works, that creates a bankroll.

I understand for a beginner of poker to learn all aspects of poker it's best to start at the beginning, because over 15 years ago that was me as a beginner playing poker tournaments at the start of the tournament, but for me what was just as important was learning every game at pokerstars.

You never know when an opportunity presents itself where I could make some money for my bankroll, but the end of that result 8 days before Halloween 2020 I had .08 left in my bankroll and I had nothing financially to show for it!

So that's when 8 days before Halloween 2020 I thought what is Phil Hellmuth known for?
Arriving late to poker tournaments. How do I incorporate that into a poker system?

By registering 30 seconds-1 minute before late registration ends.

When I first started this late registration system I wanted the tournament to have 10 players or less from the money when late registration ends, but in reality it never worked out that way, where the tournament might be 15-20 players away from the money at the end of late registration.

In my .66 tournaments I'm comfortable registering when there's 55 players or less away from the money at the close of late registration. You can adjust it to how ever many players away from the money in whatever buy in poker tournament your in.

For me what I'm trying to accomplish in my late registration system is in most poker tournaments I play in at the micro buy in level (.25,.66,$1.65) players are betting aggressively and going all in.

So, for me for example at the .25 buy in tournament with a 20,000 chip stack based on what I've seen in the many poker tournaments I've played in
I want the cutoff to be 10 players or less from the money
to register at the close of registration.

In that .25 tournament with a 20,000 starting chip stack what I don't want to see is 14 players registered at the close of registration.

The reason for that based on past results I've not placed in the money at 14 players when a tournament the players aren't betting aggressively or going all in.

Now at the end of late registration (30 seconds-1 minute) I have to guess how close to 10 players from the money that will be.

I have a notebook I write down
for example on the left side of the paper .25 which is the buy in amount of the poker tournament I registered for.

Then, to the right of that is what place did I get in that tournament.

Then I put next to that if I placed in the money how much I won. If I I didn't place in the money (which at .25,.66 and $1.65 tournaments 97%-98% of the time I place in the money)
I would write down lost and I would put next to that how many players I was away from the money when I was eliminated from the tournament.

Next I write down how many players we're registered for the tournament.

Next to that is how many players we're eliminated in 10 hands.

I call it my 10 hand experiment.
I use this for me to know if players in the tournament are betting aggressively or going all in.

When late registration closes I look to see how many players the tournament is away from the money.

In the last .25 cent tournament I played in the tournament was 19 players away from the money at the close of late registration.

So when the 5th hand I'm in when that hand ends I want to see at least half of the 19 players illuminated at this point.

After 10 hands we're completed 18 players we're eliminated from the tournament.

So I knew that not only was I going to place in the money which is most important to me to get my buy in back,but I also know the players in the tournament are betting aggressively and going all in.

On the far right of the paper on the same line I wrote down the other results I write down how many players the tournament was away from the money at the close of late registration.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like that there is a late registration. Some tournaments take a very long time and late registration significantly reduces this time.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I am not a supporter of late registration at freerolls, there should be equal conditions for all players.

C

Chase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm personally not a fan of late registration because I tend to build up a good sized stack prior to late registration ending. To wait till seconds before does have the advantage that you are now leaving a lot of the wild play behind, but you are also starting the "real" phase of the tournament under-stacked.

M

mrc1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! Last weekend I saw articles and videos from Nathan Williams (BlackRain79Poker) also he is on this site.

His poker articles and videos are helping me as poker books and other poker articles and other poker coaches for me have stunbled and falled when it comes to explaining starting hands to beginners or a refresh course of badic starting hands

Not only does Nathan explain the starting hands in an article I read, but he explains it so a beginner of poker or for any poker player that has never been given a full understanding of starting hands for beginners of poker, but he goes into if a poker player who has been playing a long time and is struggling he explains why its best to go back to the basics of starting hands.

I continue to use my late registration system which I have over a $157.00 bankroll which was down to .08 cents 8 days before Halloween 2020.

This late registration has been fun and I will continue to build my bankroll using this system.

I continue to type in notes of players at the poker site and for me since reading articles online and watching videos from Nathan on YouTube I've been using my notes on site more often when it comes to the lowest hand a player has shown in a hand.

It has helped me win some extra hands and even when I've folded the hand I've noticed when there is an all in situation and the player's hands ate shown when I see starting hands that Nathan has mentioned as good starting hands I see what the end result at the river is.

I understand good hands can lose, but for me I'm seeing over a 60% win rate with these good starting hands Nathan has mentioned.

I struggle in raising preflop even though Nathan explains when you get a good hand preflop as to why its's best to raise preflop and depending on the flop raising to chase more players out of the pot.

I've been asked how I do good with my poker bankroll management?

In November 1993 I moved from Iowa to South Florida and that's when I met my friend's step dad Bob who is a professional handicapper in horse racing and before he would teach me about handicapping horse races he made me promise I would never bet my bill money!

Some have asked me what that means?

Any money that is suppose to be used to pay bills, rent, car payments and insurance, food and any necessities that money goes towards them!

I made that promise to Bob and even though I'm no longer friends with his step daughter I stick to that promise of never betting my bill money!

When I started betting on horse racing just like poker I started with the basics like micro betting horse races.

I love playing micro stakes tournaments with my late registration system, but I have to say for me and my bankroll that I'm currently at micro stakes for me is starting from freerolls-$3.00.

It doesn't mean I don't play in occasional poker tournaments $5.00 buy in or more late registration if it's to my advantage.

I know I've mentioned this before with my late registration system, but for me my number one goal in the tournament Im playing in is to to finish in the money enough to get my buy in back.

Which means unless I'm in the big blind and no one raises to me that will probably be the only time I play a hand if I'm not in the money yet!

That is in most cases in most of the tournaments I play in using my late registration.

It's about discipline. It's about bankroll management. It's about treating your bankroll in poker as a business.

Once I place in the money I do look at how many players away I am from making even more money and also I check quite frequently how many big blinds I have left, because it doesn't matter if it's your poker chips or money that you have.

In poker tournaments your chip stack is your life in the tournament. If you run out of chips in the tournament you're out of the tournament!

When it comes to your money if you run out of money you could be possibly homeless!

Never let that happen!

I believe Daniel Negraneau said this once in a live video he said if you feel that you are better than the field than why would you not want to play as long as possible against them to earn as much money as possible to give yourself the best chance of winning?

That's always really stuck with me. But blackrain has some interesting ideas online that Im sure applied 10 years ago. I would want to see him play that same 3 million hands or whatever it is today and see how he fares.

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good reasoning as chips are your life in the tournament, and really you can be homeless. But even though many will say the opposite, that the horse is trained etc, horse racing is not the same thing as poker. In poker you have a chance to win through your skill and choices, in horse racing it's something very dangerous that gets out of control. very careful:)

YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a poem, I don't like late registrations.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I like late registration on freerolls, probs would not like it if there was a buyin