T

telboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on 888 site

The late registration for tournaments can be anywhere from an hour and a half to 3 hours.

In your opinion when is the best time to start a tournament when late registration.

Do you think it is best to start at the beginning of the tournament or sometime during the late registration period

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good question. It depends how long last the late registration . I prefer MTTs without late registration but if I play one with late registration I generally join the game about 30 minutes before the end of LR.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it depends if it's a KO tournament or not. If it's KO I like to start the tournament since the beginning or at least in the first 20-30 minutes (the same for turbo tournaments). If it's a regular MTT I like to use the LR feature and usually I join after 30-40 minutes.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
60 bbs I feel comfortable

T

telboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What about the Mystery bounty tournaments that late registration can go on for up to 3 hours in some of them and the bounty does not kick in until level 17

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The problem with the mystery bounty mtts, if you late reg, you will not have enough chips to hunt bounties. I feel with any bounty tournaments (especially mystery bounties), you should play from the start. BTW, you probably already know, but 888 runs a $1 and $2 dollar mystery bounty mtt daily and the field is really soft.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never purposfully wait to enter a tournament. I feel, I play well with deep stacks, so I dont want to miss out the chance of someone else making a big mistake for 100+BB. But I do still regularly late register to get enough tables up and running. This might be, because I just started my session, and a tournament, I like to play, has already begun.

Or it might be, because I had enough tables running, when the tournament began, but now I busted from 2-3 of them and have room to add another. With KOs or PKOs I am very conservative with entering late though. This is because, as soon as some players are knocked out, their bounty (or part of it in PKO) is taken out of the price pool. And if you were not there, you did not even content for that money, but you are still paying the same to enter late.

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hi,
I think it is a matter of preference. For those who like to play deep stacks, it is better to register at the beginning. And fo those who like to play the short stack, better register very late.
When you have no problem with stack depth, you register anytime and you adapt to the situations.
Gl at the tables.

Jantorres888

Jantorres888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Hallo
I think it's a matter of preference. Those who love playing with big stacks are better off signing up first. And for those who like to play with a short stack, it's better to sign up very late.
When you don't have a problem with stack depth, you sign up at any time and adapt to the situation.
Head at the tables.
But by playing right from the start, you'll recognize the players at your table. This is valuable.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on 888 site

The late registration for tournaments can be anywhere from an hour and a half to 3 hours.

In your opinion when is the best time to start a tournament when late registration.

Do you think it is best to start at the beginning of the tournament or sometime during the late registration period
I would say starting at the start of the tourney, the danger of late entry is the blinds are up so your stack is less value.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think that there's another thread like this posted recently.
In a regular mtt I choose to get in somewhere between 80-50 BB.
I've been testing to get in at least 10-15 min. before the 20bb starting chips in turbo mtts, 15-20 in hyper.
Edit: as @zorro222_zorro222 said, if it's bounty it's better to get in at the start.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play on 888 site

Personally, I prefer to register for the tournament before it starts. This way I can calmly and patiently wait for good cards and not play with any junk. But of course this is not a guarantee of good results.

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
If it's a bounty tournament, you should play from the beginning. If it's a regular tournament, it's up to your preference. I always play both types of tournaments from the very beginning.

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What about the Mystery bounty tournaments that late registration can go on for up to 3 hours in some of them and the bounty does not kick in until level 17
What site do we have these mystery bounty? Do you like them?

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freezeouts- with 40bb or more
Progressive KOS- with 50bb or more
Turbos- At the start
Hypers- At the start

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I actually prefer tournaments where there isn't too long a late registration time... but if so... I always try to be registered at the start time of the tournaments

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I last minute late register every single MTT I play (PKOs too) and consider registering earlier a complete waste of time and a hinderance to my results.

The whole, "take advantage of fish early in the MTT/play with a deep stack" is a logical fallacy that disregards the simple truth that the vast majority of players have no concept of how to play <20BBs deep, and have no concept of proper macro level MTT decisions.

Because players are SO BAD at shortstacked play, I literally have no need to play deep. :)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, telboy! I think, at this case, as registration, difficult anything to predictable, and this means and to advise...
Because, anyway, the many things in Poker depend on Luck! That's all!

S

skulij

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GG poker has many tournaments where if you register before it starts you get "bubble insurance" where if you go out on the bubble (which is last 2-3 spots before ITM) you get your buyin back so there's a small incentive to start early.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
GG poker has many tournaments where if you register before it starts you get "bubble insurance" where if you go out on the bubble (which is last 2-3 spots before ITM) you get your buyin back so there's a small incentive to start early.
That's a good idea

Depending on the tourney, I'd always try to enter about 30mins before LR ends. Seems to have work better for me lately by trying it this way. Still haven't won a tournament yet though 🙈

slevinzed

slevinzed

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't focus unless im in the game since the beginning

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It is not bad to use that strategy of some players, personally I prefer to be from the beginning and make myself stack with people who do not know how to play

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
better at the beginning of the tournament, because at the end of registration you are less likely to win anything.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to get in early to see as many hands as possible while the blind is still low..