Late registration prevents stress for eager players.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree with whiskers77, although I do not deny I always like to register a bit late in the tournaments but as long as: the extended registration is 3 hours and obviously it is not a turbo tournament, if it complies with what I want, I register when it takes 1 hour - 1 h 20 m, I think that with such an extensive record I mention many mistakes when I risk for few chips, but if it is true that you would have more pressure for the amount of chips that your opponents will have compared with yours, with respect to the little opportunity to observe your opponents I do not strongly agree as it looks like when a player is changed tables you must start again to read the players
Excellent explanation on the theme. I hope to have cooperated for our evolution by proposing this theme so little explored in the universe of poker.

HK_47

HK_47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely prefer early registering. You really don't have to play many pots and when you do you can be very picky. Plus weaker opponents make pretty crazy plays early on in tournaments and it pays to be at the table when they spew.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have observed that late registration makes me less tense because the number of difficult decisions to make is much smaller, logically you start with the number of chips well below average. What do you think?
If you feel better with short stack play just register turbos when they are close to ending the late reg time.
Playing mtts from the start has advantages anyway, you at least get used to bigger stack play (even if you reg with a short stack if you double up a couple times you have 100bb and then what?) Or for some rec players they can really get more value for their money.
You don't win mtts everyday and if you play once a week 1 mtts you want to be there from the start to have more chances in it and not play only 10 minutes. At least play a couple hours

Effe44

Effe44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a phenomenom. My phenomenom. When I reg late (slow structure near the first break) i run hot and deep. OK, could be my strategy then too - tight aggro. But like late regs coz the looser players and fish players have got their bills and now u enter and clean the field like a BOSS^^

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm torn between the two.

Registering early lets you see more hands and possibly chip end. I have into kept stats but think its about 25% gone before late it ends, 50% +1 half a buy in and 25% doubled up or better. So a buy in stack when registration ends is well within the 2/3 bell curve range of expected results.

Any player reads you get are lost when you are moved to a new table unless you both play late into the tournament and get back together. In general you will both be playing differently then so the value is not much. However collecting hand stat's over many tournaments can be extremely valuable in the long run.

Boredom and fatigue late in the tournament was not something I thought about before.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to register in time,are rarely reported in the later time if late due to personal issues...

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to late reg but not in a turbo.:):):)

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the tournament is with buy-ins above 11 I usually play from the beginning otherwise in any case have to do re-entry

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like deep stack play so I usually register at the beginning.

P

piko_bianko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deep stacks = play from beginning
Turbo = late reg since everybody shoves and you'll only lose blinds

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never got it why people register late...

Why would anyone want to join a tournament in which many other players already have more chips than you??????

How can this be an advantage???????

If you are getting better results from playing with few big blinds left then the solution IS NOT to register late but to work hard to make your strategy for play with large stacks better....

W

wildywild

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I prefer to buy me in at the last 30 mins of late reg.
If u start at the beginning, there is a chance u can end up with some newbies..
But as we all know, the newbies call crazy hands and that could end badly..

Wilfram

Wilfram

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer playing with more blinds during tournaments. Many players don't like to register super late in order to play the early levels where stacks have 80-100+BBs because they feel they have an advantage at a table with deeper stacks.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like late reg at ACR because you can start with the blinds really small for a long time giving you a great chance to chip up for the later stages of the game.