Late Registration in Tournaments

Sonny87

Sonny87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I late reg plo hi/lo intentionally, for some reason it works for me in plo, hate the late reg in holdem, but the pokerooms have to meet the gauranteed prize pool otherwise they would go broke.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late registration I do not like.The more players you have the more guaranteed prizes.

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont like when late registration last more than 1 hour, however i dont think late registration gives you any advantage in fact i think its otherwise because your stack and your bb will be lower than average and you will have to risk your chips sooner than the players who made a big stack during the time you werent playing the tournament.

AGREED.

The late reg at acr is RIDICULOUS. Main reason I dont play there.

P

PokerAzz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank's for reply's right I feel the house does it to meet there quarnteed pool's etc. Something like rebuy's which i kinda dont like either lol people can play loose and keep playing all in and hope to get lucky, if not not biggy get another re-buy... Im sure there are tactic's though for late registration people Im not just sure what they are yet as i havent been back long. I just know it kinda suck's when you have been grinding for hour or 2 and someone can come in late fresh and ready to go!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't know if this is a winning or losing phylosophy , I mean some might be really good at choosing the right hands at the right spots for coin flips and might have successes with this strategy , some might do it for fun/recreational purposes/not be able to play the whole tournament time .
But joining at the very last second makes it much more difficult to have a success playing that way (some join at the half or 2/3 of the late reg. period) . Personally , I prefer to play the whole tour from the beginning , to have time to play my suited connectors , my small pairs , to enjoy it , and start shoving only when short stacked/the blinds get high , don't like the late reg idea too much .

C

Chadbrantley

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just depends on how you play poker if you're aggressive it's not bad getting in late registration

Evgenyi Shepelev

Evgenyi Shepelev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played so several tournaments, but far couldn't promote, have won the minimum prizes. Here generally depends on good luck, but not on your knowledge of poker and skill.

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find myself doing this habitually. My reasoning is that a reduced number of hands translates into less tournament risk. The downside of course is starting the tourney at 1/3 to 1/4 the avg stack and being in a push fold state from the start.

Im very comfortable with push/fold and shortstacking, but its very hard to final table with this strat (normally its 1-2 flips to the money, then end up jamming into a monster from low CSI)

Any thoughts on if this is winning/losing philosphy?

I like to play from the start of the tournament. maybe I will have more chances to win.:D

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I respectfully could not disagree more, fish usually get knocked out early- you want to play hands with the fish.

So when you reg late, you missed the easy fish and are left with the better players with bigger stacks.

this is why i like to start from the start :)):D

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I always try to also enter the mtt tournaments with late registration as the level of apiesta is much higher and if you expect a good hand you can go up a lot and avoid playing so much

Sonny87

Sonny87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I late reg plo hi/lo intentionally, it seems to work for me, but holdem got to be in it as early as possible imo. Need to get reads and hud stats.

R

Roblandinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like late reg. like 2:20h in Turnaments like "Big". It is rly too much...

W

Weee3eee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have been toying around with late reg on ACR and find that 4 or 5 hours by registering late. Most of the time, the 4 to 5 hour late reg, you start with 5K to 10k starting stack. That allows you to actually come in with a healthy stack of 100 bb stack or 50bb stack half way through the late reg.

Usually starting at the very beginning, you could register but it's either you stack up early and keep playing or just peel off with flips against other looking for double and triples which means be ready to rebuy.

I have found myself registering 2 hours later and getting deep in tourneys with no problem. The strategy is normal around 2 hours into the tourneys. Many spew the crap on the first 2 levels knowing they are going to rebuy anyways so it's like a re entry in live games at the starting levels.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last night i jumped in a tournament about half way thru,,,$1 buy-in then a $1 add-on worth 27 000 chips,,,so i jumped in with $30 000 in chips,which put m,e in the bottom 5%,,,but i doubled up quickly then made my way up the leaderboard. So,personly i don`t like the late reg times,i think it`s unfair to the players who grind it out for 2-3 hours to get to that point in the tournament. But,their site,,,,their rules. :stupid:

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like late registering because when you late register you don't have too many big blinds as you have when you register before tournament starts.

G

gosunoob

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have been toying around with late reg on ACR and find that 4 or 5 hours by registering late. Most of the time, the 4 to 5 hour late reg, you start with 5K to 10k starting stack. That allows you to actually come in with a healthy stack of 100 bb stack or 50bb stack half way through the late reg.

Usually starting at the very beginning, you could register but it's either you stack up early and keep playing or just peel off with flips against other looking for double and triples which means be ready to rebuy.

I have found myself registering 2 hours later and getting deep in tourneys with no problem. The strategy is normal around 2 hours into the tourneys. Many spew the crap on the first 2 levels knowing they are going to rebuy anyways so it's like a re entry in live games at the starting levels.

I think that's fine if buying in late and adding on nets you at least 50bb as you stated. My counter to you would I guess be at what point would you no longer consider this profitable, and how short stacked are you willing to play?

Would you do this same procedure if you only started with 40bb? 30? 20?

I know this starts to become personal preference but just curious.

I actually don't mind playing short stacked with around 20BB as it forces your decisions a bit more. Then again I don't late reg. for tourneys because I feel I can make more chips if I start from the beginning.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only late register if the structure is really slow.

W

Weee3eee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that's fine if buying in late and adding on nets you at least 50bb as you stated. My counter to you would I guess be at what point would you no longer consider this profitable, and how short stacked are you willing to play?

Would you do this same procedure if you only started with 40bb? 30? 20?

I know this starts to become personal preference but just curious.

I actually don't mind playing short stacked with around 20BB as it forces your decisions a bit more. Then again I don't late reg. for tourneys because I feel I can make more chips if I start from the beginning.

Honestly, i won't rebuy after 20bb depending on a couple of issues. I do it if there is 15 to 20 minute blinds. 12 min and under i will not rebuy unless i have 30bb stack or more, if that makes any sense. I can play comfortably with a 20bb stack in a 15 to 20 minute structure.

D

daluby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late reg

I like to do it onbetonline and immediately do an add on as well. Usually saves me an hour of time and gives me a good chance to play mid stage tourney.

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late registration need if you play better with short stack then deep stack

ElmenhorsteR

ElmenhorsteR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate late registration and "buy in" or "add on", because it extends the playing time and the players have an advantage if they can many times make "buy in"...

P

Pessoa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah for me its stupid, you start the tournament and you are already short and have to coin flip. If you are a bad player you maybe last longer if you join late, but if you are a bad player, its better for you to don't play poker

N

nenkov407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah same here. I hate those late registrations. I start from the beginning and I have been great with two hands All-in with AA and KK and I make a good stack for example if I have 5000 for a start on the first half an hour I have 20000 but then when the blinds are getting bigger and the flop misses me I end up with 10 000 on the bubble and I must fold even AK in order to at least enter the money and then there is that one guy who entered the last minute and goes all in with 62o and wham! he has the nut straight on the flop and he triples up his stack. And while you were playing well he just enters at the end flip coins and he is already in the money if he folds every next hand.

Bassaliga

Bassaliga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late registration is very good with a large ante. I check in some tournaments only in the late registration. I think this is the best option to play all the chips, with a good hand.