makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is reasonable to enter the game, till the blinds are still affordable for your stack. If you get over this, your presence in the game has much more less possibilities. Every hand you play will be almost all in. It is not impossible to make it. But if you buy in, when the blinds are still low, you can play more comfortably and follow your plans easier.

fadred719

fadred719

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
Some poker tournaments allow you to register some time after your start. Do you believe that entering a tournament on your late registration can be an advantage? Until the time after the start of the competition, is this feasible?
  • If you have a few tables open, then I will register before the start of the tournament, and even more so if the tournament is with scouts for knocking out other players

badbanking79

badbanking79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
I usually register for a tournament 15 to 20 minutes before late registration ends, unless I am playing higher stakes I then I like taking my time.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I’m not a fan of late registration myself. No benefit that I can see to entering late or starting right away. I don’t really understand why it’s done other than to hopefully get more folks to join I guess. It will be interesting to see what others think though.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I hate late registration, you can catch a bad bid from crazy people who don’t care about their money and feel sorry for their time, especially when it’s 200 minutes, after additional registration the game takes on completely different colors. Very often I register for a tournament in 1-2 minutes of late registration and 10 BB is enough for the starting game, but when you enter the tournament with a ticket, you are already playing and there is no hurry.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't think there is any advantage in registering late, especially at KO's. You will always have a disadvantage. Besides, there are tournaments with bubbles. Registering early may bring some advantage, because if you are eliminated shortly before the prize, you will have your Buy-in returned.
Its a massive advantage...some players only ever register late

I hate late registrations and they should be outlawed

K

kostja007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think maybe you can get a better $/h rate if you late register to mtts, but not sure about this.

PokerEdge

PokerEdge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
I think maybe you can get a better $/h rate if you late register to mtts, but not sure about this.
I think so too, but recently I heard that a little earlier than the last minute can be even better.

Mogulkahn

Mogulkahn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
late registration is a pretty cool thing if you know how to use it and in which tournaments and satellites

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't think it's outstanding later, the only plus is when I forgot about the freeroll in the late recording