Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Some poker tournaments allow you to register some time after your start. Do you believe that entering a tournament on your late registration can be an advantage? Until the time after the start of the competition, is this feasible?

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i don't like late register i like freezeout tournament ,cause you have more chance, people will have only one buy.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Some poker tournaments allow you to register some time after your start. Do you believe that entering a tournament on your late registration can be an advantage? Until the time after the start of the competition, is this feasible?
Hi.
I do not think that late registration can be an advantage. Of course, there are situations when you do not have the opportunity to register for the tournament before it starts, then this is an advantage :)
Good luck.

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there is any advantage in registering late, especially at KO's. You will always have a disadvantage. Besides, there are tournaments with bubbles. Registering early may bring some advantage, because if you are eliminated shortly before the prize, you will have your Buy-in returned.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, this can be a big advantage since you have a big stack and can win chips with almost no risk. Players who join the tournament at the very end of the late registration period will need to go all-in frequently to catch up with players who have built up their stacks. They can also bust out of a very small stack as the blinds have already risen.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This way doesn't always have the value. When player uses late registration he has a smaller stack and sometimes doesn't have opportunities to play calm enough.

neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Entering when late registration ends is very risky, because your stack will be 10-12bb, in such situations you can hope for luck and a good starting hand to push and double your stack;)

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There are a few examples at this forum, who use a late registration strategy and are quite successful with that.

The strategy boils down to a solid Knowledge of how to play short stack.

I also usually register late very often and hope for a double up and go from there.

To me it's more interesting to take this shot rather than to play 1-2 hours and sometimes you end up slightly above starting stack at the end of Late registration period when you already had a bad beat or some cooler. People who late reg and manage a double up have you covered and only invested like 10 minutes of their time.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! Sometimes I do a late register in the tournaments... And sometimes I win these tournaments,
or get for Final table, or hit in the prize zone!.. Something like that!.. That's all!

TaNIAnT

TaNIAnT

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Late registration makes tournaments much longer as in freezeout for example you have fixed amount of participants. Though if late registration is for about 15-30 minutes it`s ok, but not for 1.5 hours. It`s sad to play and always see how more people is registering but you haven`t increased your stack:)

N

NDim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that 20-30 minutes late registration in the tournament is normal. This will give an opportunity for really late people to join the players.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your goal is to play hands with the fish, and the fish are the first players knocked out of the tourney.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes play in a tournament where the initial stack is 10,000 chips, late registration is available for 1 hour and you can make an addon add and buy 30,000 chips, it makes no sense to register before the start of the tournament, many register in 50-55 minutes and start with 40,000 chips game
so it sometimes makes sense, but I don't play other tournaments with late registration

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always go to freerolls the day after, waiting for inadequate players who do all-in without any sense to fly out.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It will depend on how long you are referring to, with a few minutes from the start, or a few minutes from the end of the late record.
The end of the Late Registration will depend a lot on luck, your position at the table and the cards you've been dealt, so it's a luck factor.
Good luck in your choice

R

Rocketgyn

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Some players who play high stakes tournaments online, do this, in the theory, you is more close for the money, but i thinkg not work wheel in low stakes

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to believe that the sooner I enter, the more chances I will have to pull chips, I will receive more hands, I will be next to dozens of fish, the potential to win a lot of chips in the beginning with good hands is huge, so I like to enter in the beginning, I see a lot of advantage.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually use the late registration feature, except in the KOs tournaments. In these type of tournaments you have a disadvantage if you LR after too many levels.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to late reg mtts and play some short stack poker can be very profitable.

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We will have to assess whether the tournament has unlimited rebuy during late registration and add on , if it is positive for both it can be advantageous. In addition to being less exhausting because in less time we are reaching the bubble.

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
and no, there is no advantage here, on the contrary, I think you haven't gotten a stack during this time while the game goes on... I like to start the game from the beginning

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
sometimes it's a plus sometimes a minus depending on how you will consider the situation if you score chips with a fish, then this is a plus early entry to the tournament, and if you save time, then late registration there will be a plus, fatigue will not be enough

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If there are big prize money and there is a rebuke, then I always go at the end of registration.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could be an advantage but not at hyper/ turbo tournaments. In these tournaments you will not have time to play calmly at late registration

rvicente13

rvicente13

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when it's a freeroll tournament I think it's better, the people who keep going all in for the most part have already been eliminated