Late Registration?

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing a tournament, do you prefer to start from the first minute or do it during late registration?

I have never been a fan of late registration, but there are a couple of advantages for those that register on time:

1.) You can build up a good stack, and leave the late comers at a real disadvantage.

2.) In bounty tournaments, it will give you more people to knockout.

Otherwise, I have no use for late registration.

yomarianob

yomarianob

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to late register, specially in soft tournaments. I do it a lot, always in the lowest buy-ins of my calendar, and always trying to enter with 20-25bb or 40bb for PKOs.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I prefer to start at the beginning.. Unless it is a 3 hour late reg with 15 minute blinds. In that case, I'll start an hour into the tourney.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just late regged a PKO at the very last minute of registration (10BBs) and won the whole thing. :)

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whatever. The advantage of starting at the beginning is that you have more time to increase the stack but you also risk falling early. If you enter the last minute and manage to double you will be in the tournament average with great chances of entering the ITM.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing a tournament, do you prefer to start from the first minute or do it during late registration?
I love starting the game from the beginning for two reasons! Firstly, your mistakes are not very critical, and secondly, there are a lot of weak players! But I've seen a lot of players enter the tournament with 10 blinds and rank higher than me!

B

bonanza337

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i prefer to start at the beginning

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
well ... I always try to start tournaments at the time they start .... however sometimes due to some personal situation ... I have arrived late and have had to assess whether it is worth signing up or not?
but I'm intentionally not the type of player who likes to register late in tournaments ...!

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think late registration is bad. I can only register if I didn't manage to do it in time.

L

liviuplayspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its better for hyper turbo tournaments to register in first minutes, because the big blinds you have would be every 3 minutes lower so if you lose too much time the money you are playing with would not have the same value like in first level!

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From the first minute I play knockouts, and in regular tournaments I play in the last minutes)

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would do late reg if is a small buy in. any major tournaments or pricey ones Ill like to be there from the start.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer to come in and start, because I have the option to choose better hands to play and I can read the villains!

S

SharkFinn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll almost always play from the start. It depends on the tournament, but I find that towards the end of late registration you're almost always too far behind the chip leaders to make paying the buy in worth it

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i love to late reg, i only start from start bounty tournies.

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes

sometimes to me, enter in 3th level is good to start and go to real action to take sigbnificant pots

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play from the first minute or at least half an hour from the start. If I come in too late, it's hard to build up the stack, I quickly fly out. Therefore it is better to sit down to play at the beginning.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I almost always start every tournament with late registration. Of course, when it's possible. There are a lot of deep stack tournaments where there is no problem to enter later. I think for turbo and super torbo tournaments, it is not recommended.

D

ddsnoops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play from the start - I have not tried any late registration

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

i also prefer to play from the begining
It gives you a better picture of the game
When in late reg you are caught with higher blinds
Rgds

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. It can be profitable. It depends of level of patience.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Live - At the beginning. I'll register early and get there about 10 minutes before it starts so I can sit and get comfortable.

Online - It depends on the game. I'll look for games that are early in late registration so I can jump right in. But I don't like getting into games with long late registrations. 30 minutes - 1 hour tops. I prefer the On-Demand Turbo SnGs online with 30 minute late registrations.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for sure when you start you have more time to make chips already in the advanced late you have to select a good hand and go all in look depends on the cashier but in my case i prefer at the beginning

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never been a fan. It may not be fair to players who enter late