1 hour is fine, but the big tournaments with 3hours+ late reg are a joke

D

dayontour

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
30 - 45 minutes is plenty

I also do not like to long late registration in tournaments, between 30 - 45 minutes is plenty enough.

I seen one late reg. this week that was 2 hours 15 minutes and it was just a freeroll.

What a joke. :confused:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also dont love long late registration periods, but its a bit like saying, that I dont like rake. As already mentioned poker sites do it for commercial reasons, and as players we can either take or leave, what is being offered to us. Its better therefore to focus on, what we control, which in this case is, do we personally register late or not?

J

Jlo111888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
late registrations dont bother me cause i play free when i shoot out of a tourney i move on towards an other site for anothers freerolls:reddy:

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you register in the last few minutes you will get >15bb and you need to do a couple quick double ups and then hit ITM. I always prefer to register from the outset to avoid rapid coinflipping

Akinled

Akinled

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I always late reg to most normal mtt. Usually I like to do it in a way that stack depth is still 40+BB. Absolute minimum is like 20bb. Though 20bb might be questionable already. Last minute late reg can be very effective especially in rebuy games with bigger addon. E.g. if addon give more chips than initial buyin and you can almost late reg into it then it often still allow playable stack after addon.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Register at the last minute registration mtt usually prefer players who play well hyper tournaments. Within a short period of time can be increased to an average stack, or even more. Because some big stacks to make mistakes and the players call small stacks with very bad hands. Especially if you play a bounty tournaments.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also dont love long late registration periods, but its a bit like saying, that I dont like rake. As already mentioned poker sites do it for commercial reasons, and as players we can either take or leave, what is being offered to us. Its better therefore to focus on, what we control, which in this case is, do we personally register late or not?

I personally prefer to reg either at the start or within the first hour. But I do think sites are starting to take the mick to state it lightly and its spoiling games. I have just registered the 10 mins in to a game on ACR $16.50. I didn't check all the lobby details first, my fault. But you expect one hour. 3 hours is often a favourite too. But I was not expecting 5 frigging hours.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, you sound like just landed from mars.
Late reg. is not a good or bad, it is an essential part of the structure.

It is used based on bankroll management - a player who is willing to take higher risks may register later. A poker room would go bankrupt if there were no late registration because few players register at the very beginning of a tournament.

B

Boreyko506

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like late check-and I think it is superfluous. Because when you come late you then you can take off or doubled, it is luck and all.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It is used based on bankroll management - a player who is willing to take higher risks may register later. A poker room would go bankrupt if there were no late registration because few players register at the very beginning of a tournament.

Yeah but I remember about 8 years ago when big sites like Stars and Full Tilt only did an hour late reg and they always seemed to meet their guarantees. Even tournaments without late reg often met their guarantees. While yes late reg may have used back then it is nothing like now with 3 hours often the minimum and sites like ACR often running 5 hours late reg.

You have to wait so long now to seem where you are in relation to the money and see how many are in the tournament. I have also had the bizarre situation of people registering just before the bubble, not having had to survive hours of play. This should not occur.

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not a big fan of the late registration, but I understand the reason why it is there. I noticed that joining early is not really that beneficial. You don't win tournaments in the beginning. That is why I join later, but not too late because then you have too much of a disadvantage.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also do not like to long late registration in tournaments, between 30 - 45 minutes is plenty enough.

I seen one late reg. this week that was 2 hours 15 minutes and it was just a freeroll.

What a joke. :confused:

I do agree. The only reason why they have it last that long is to build the pot and to make sure they hit their guarantee's.

There should be a lot more tournaments that are no late registration to have more options and be more fair to all the players. I do like to late register myself sometimes, and others I like to start on time. Just depends on the day for me.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When there is a late registration tournament and it is slow, I usually do not get in when beginning, wait to see some tables, look the pace of the tournament and select the correct time to start, things can be better this way of enrolling some tournaments.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Wow. Chill mate, anyone can ask or have a different opinion than yours, you are just disrespecting someone else opinion, please make sure next time you write down something think how not to be disrespectful when giving your opinion on a subject, here at CC Everyone's opinion is important.

J

JRTHEKING

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's pathetic. Between hours of late registration, ridiculous amounts of levels of rebuys and addons, and laughable reentries that promote multi-accounting from the different skins it 's not even poker. It's bingo masquerading as poker.

wildwildwes

wildwildwes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And the big games I don’t think it should register for 20 levels and I kind a like it in a small games to be dissenters you don’t jump in there and win with seconds to go

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most tournaments I start on time but some I will late reg depending on my personal schedule. I think it is best to avoid late registration and give yourself the most time to chip up but I dont think there is anything bad about late registration unless you do it at point where your starting stack is very low. In these cases you are buying in to play push fold poker and your variance will be higher than otherwise.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you dominate the ranges per 50bbs + stack enter the early game, if not late game.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always go to late registration, I like.I can immediately double or lose everything, but I save my time, it’s very convenient

M

marfuki

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always go to late registration, I like.I can immediately double or lose everything, but I save my time, it’s very convenient

It is a personal thing, I dont like starting at disadvantage to players with 4-6x larger stack than mine, so I rather avoid late registration :)