late registration.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never use the late registration, although I know that many professional players build their strategy on this, especially in satellites

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think freeroll shouldn't have late registration, none!

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion late registration should be limited to 10 minutes, so people who want to play in a tournament and barely miss the registration still have a change to register. But long late registrations tend to be annoying especially in freerolls where people come late and go all in right away for a double or nothing kind of thing.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like it. I have registered late and made it the final table I rather be at least 30 BB though to start out and in deep stack tournament. If it turbo and blinds go to quick I rather start from the beginning

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players who register late are at a severe disadvantage because of their stack to blinds ratio. If you register early you should be happy that others register late because you will have an advantage over their stack, making it easier to accumulate chips.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont like late reg either, it shouldnt take 5hrs to get close to the money.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late registration is good, I always go to late registration. I do not want to sit with the same stack for 2 hours.Go in and immediately double or fly away.;)Why lose two hours of your life:confused:

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like late registration and I register at the beginning. So it is possible to increase the stack with smaller blinds.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Too long are bad

I am not against late registration, but very long late registration like those of 2:30 or more are very bad and unfair yes with who starts from the beginning and still has late registration than the ante, and the big blind and the smal blind when they are finished the records are low
:aetsch::damnmate:

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am against late registration, I think it is not fair to those players who start the game from the beginning.

Hello.
I believe that late registration of players in tournaments does not affect my decisions and the results of the game as a whole. I think you are paying attention to the things that you have no influence on and therefore it is a waste of time.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to agree. Sometimes I almost feel like, the real tournament only begin, when late registration (and sometimes rebuy) is finally over, and it can feel like an eternity to get to that point. I understand, why poker sites want to offer late registration, but is it really nessesary to let people still enter a tournament, when a starting stack is less than 10BB? Maybe at least cut it off 3 blind levels earlier or something. But if it make money for the poker sites, its not likely to go away.

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is true that it is "unfair" sometimes for those who are from the beginning. But many people enter too late just to go all-in with any hand, in which case if you have a good hand it is easy to get their stacks.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not against late registration, but I do not like it when it is too long. For example, 10-12 levels. I think that 10-20 minutes would be normal for those cases when you really were late by chance.

Agree! 2 hours is way too long.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that late registration has its advantages and disadvantages, some advantages you can have is that you can use it as a strategy for your game, it helps if you do not have the opportunity to enter right at the beginning, the disadvantages are: some have excessive time to register as you say it is not fair for players who are playing from the beginning, but at that point you can see it is not the same as I play from the beginning and already has a 20k stack to play later and my stack is 3k , at that point I do not see a disadvantage of the one who has more time playing

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am against late registration, I think it is not fair to those players who start the game from the beginning.
poker is a game not for justice, but for money, there are tournaments, you come in later, do addon and you in prizes, you won't come in later?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players who register late are at a severe disadvantage because of their stack to blinds ratio. If you register early you should be happy that others register late because you will have an advantage over their stack, making it easier to accumulate chips.

This is actually quite a bit up for debate. According to ICM (Independent Chip Model), when some players bust, the value of each chip go up. This is why, you are generally happy about it, if two other players with stacks similar to your own end up in an all-in situation. Even you were not involved in the hand, your chance of cashing has just gone up, because now there is one less player, you need to outlast.

So in principle it is actually unfair, that some players are allowed to not enter the tournament and not pay the blinds and antes, until maybe half the field has already busted. These players also get an advantage in the sense, that they dont need to learn deep stacked play, because they can get right into the push or fold phase.

Now it could be argued, that they also dont gain the advantages, which it is to play with a big stack and push the other players around. And that is true. They also dont get as much time to use their skill edge, if they have any. But its still not a level playing field, when people enter at different stages, and therefore it would be fair to at least limit the time for late registration and in relation to this rebuy or reenter, when this is allowed.

For me personally I think, allowing late registration for the first 3 blinds levels would be a reasonable compromise. If people are any later than that, they just play the next tournament, which online is never far away.

But I am sure, this is not going to happen, because there is both tradition and money involved. For starters most tournaments have a quarantied price pool, and obviously poker sites want to give as many chances as possible for that number to be exceeded, so there is no overlay.

A

Anglermeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to start in level 3-5, but level 12 or two hour late regristration is definitely to long.

I think 30 minutes is a good compromise and fair. :)

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think and because of variance and the award to beat the guaranteed, I think normal. the only thing they should do is to decrease the time eg 2hrs to 1hr then yes it would be fair or up to a certain level of blinds like in live tournaments!

N

NDim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I also do not like tournaments with a long late registration. If a person wants to play a tournament, he should think about how to get to the table on time.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not against late registration, which lasts no more than 1 hour. Generally, I try to avoid tournaments with late registration.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like a 5-10 minute late registration in any MMT to give some players who forgot about the tournament a slight reprieve. I have not seen any overlay in a tournament in a looong time and attribute to the extended entries.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what I do not agree is that the late registration lasts more than 30 minutes, americans card rooms made the socube and had a late registration of up to 3 hours is a barbarity.

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it weren't for late registration in online poker, many folks would be left without an immediate game to play once logging on, and would have to wait for a new tournament to begin... this would lead to a lower level of user satisfaction... are you telling the crowd that you have never registered late to anything? inclusive of poker?

ch1r4q

ch1r4q

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late reg is pretty useful, however when I see those 2 hours long late registrations, I wonder if that's even worth taking a shot. Being so far behind, I guess you have to rely bit more on gambling in the early start and thats not something I would do.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it might be a good strategy, sometimes I like to get into late registration, especially when a tournament is too long.