late registration

J

Jkendrick888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once you are in the money you it stops late registration.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All will decide late registration...

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You wait for other players until the end of the registration time. Hope this helps. Good luck at the tables.
I played in the tournament left 25 minutes late registration. I was left alone, and the tournament ended, only I did not remember this was a simple tournament or with rewards for knocking out.

jus7_play3r

jus7_play3r

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me once happened tournament just ended! In - principle I think that late registration should not be so long, but for people who emit 10-15 minutes early in the tournament, so it meaningful!

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. late registration sometimes goes to many levels. but those who come to the game late can not always increase their chips and the number of players quickly decreases

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
>>You need to check the rules with each site you are playing on.
eg
https://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/rules/
9. Late Registration
: Late Registration is available in most tournaments. The length of the late registration period varies, but will always be shown in the tournament ticket in the Quick Seat lobby, in the details panel of the Tournaments tab, and in the header of the Tournament lobby for that tournament. Late registration time is measured in clock time (as opposed to tournament play time). For example, if a tournament starts at 09:00 and has 90 minutes of late registration, registration will close at 10:30. Late registration will close early if enough players are eliminated to begin payouts.

>>Other sites may be different.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting question, have no idea on the answer but tournaments with late registrations usually mean very large player pools
So it would be highly unlikely for any [one] player to be able to eliminate every single player in the tournament before a late registration actually ends.
But still, I like the question. :)

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late registration is when the tournament start and registration is still opens ( it can stay 10 /20/40 min depends on the tournament) . Nothing in the play changes , just play normal , blind are increasing, if u take someone one , he can t register even if it s late registration, same thing goes for you. Not all the tournaments have late registration. Check the tournament lobby to know if it for late registration or not

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty sure that the tourney won't end till the entire registration time has expired. But, it would only seem fair that if you have taken out all existing players that the tourney should end with you the winner.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would be shocked to ever see this happen....Has anyone ever experienced this?

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So this just happened to me the other day actually - I forget the exact numbers so I'll be making them up, but what happened was I was in a Tourney with like 2 levels of late reg remaining and we were getting close to the money with 244 total entrants, 43 players remaining and 36 places paid. The next person registered and when it became 245 total entrants the prize pool expanded to payout 45 people instead of 36. When this happened late registration immediately ended, AND one player who busted right before the bubble prior to the new player (45th place) was also paid even though he was already out... Not sure if they got an alert or anything saying they placed, I'm curious what happened on their end. But yeah - here is a real life example of this, late registration ends as soon as it reaches ITM.

S

Soulguard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
there are not that many tournaments that u can bust all before late req. ends.. only I can think about are sattelites ... with low number of people... and u need to wait until late req, ends

JulioJones

JulioJones

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I have never heard of anything like this happening before.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What happens when you knock everyone out of a tourney before late registration ends. Does the tourney end or do you have to wait for late comers and take them out too.

Ends

R

raign

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The tournament ends when the last player remains in it. Therefore, you do not need to wait for the late registration.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes for example at 888 late registration goes even for 2 or more hours.
it's hard to wait for players to recede

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What happens when you knock everyone out of a tourney before late registration ends. Does the tourney end or do you have to wait for late comers and take them out too.
That's a good question Cracker. I have never seen that situation happen, that I can remember. People are saying that you would just have to wait for the registration period to end. That's pretty wild. Anyways, take care :cool:

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once your ITM late reg closes, happens all the time and alot of people look for the opprotunity to cash in on these. Called sniping!

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the late recording, it's good, but it should be lower somewhere at most one hour, not 2 or maybe 2 hours and something.