cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What happens when you knock everyone out of a tourney before late registration ends. Does the tourney end or do you have to wait for late comers and take them out too.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You wait for other players until the end of the registration time. Hope this helps. Good luck at the tables.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With all the chips that you will have amassed, it should be pretty easy.

I thought they cut off late registration once people were in the money, otherwise people could just register and cash without even playing. I’m sure I’ve noticed this on 888 but maybe I’m mistaken. Doesn’t make much sense though to allow registration once in the money.

D

da22duke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive seen quite a few MTTs on ACR where the late registration ends and its only 10 spots away from the money. You only buy in for about 3 BBs though

M

Makoto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No tourney doesn't end you just gotta wait

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've seen final tables before late registration was up. Then more players arrive and you go back to regular multiple tables till you get to a second final table (this time the real thing).

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, the registration time in the tournament is not the most important.
Better, try to avoid mistakes, be patient, and wait for a good occasion.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you must be a super monster in poker to do this and then wait for more victims)))))
and how many people usually in such tournaments ????

Beardownman

Beardownman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems crazy that you can register when a tournament is already in the money.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have shipped and final tabled some MMTs where I registered last minute. Of course the luck was with my side because I doubled/tripled up relatively quick!

I think 20ish bbs is a decent amount of chips to jump in a tournament. You have some space to maneuver!

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you should expect the late registration to end

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ve never encountered such situation. Its really rare to see that happen.

I

icandonkyou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The late registration should automatically end once ITM is made. Otherwise it would just not make sense at all.

bablo

bablo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late registration ends always before the prize.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I played some satellites and we were the minimum of players required to start, I think we were 9 playing and how to eliminate 6 players and at that moment the record was closed since it was only 1 prize

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never been through this but I believe in @wsbar's response. Anyway, you will have much advantage in winning.

Beardownman

Beardownman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played on Cryptonia (a new crypto room) Sunday, freeroll, 73 players, 15 remaining,15 prizes. I Late registered and was placed 13th, went all in with pocket Kings and was beat by Pocket Aces! But still finished where I started for 2% of the pot lol!

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last event of the Common Cents recently let people join at the end of late registration and put them in the money without playing a hand (which as I was busy before then, took advantage of).

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a fan of late registration. in the game there are already quite large stacks, and at this time to create your own stack is difficult.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
have never seen a tourney where evrybody was knocked out before the registration time ended. boy would I ever love to be in that situation

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I would have to say that it depends on what site you're playing on. I know for a fact that on certain sites registration ends when the money I reached. For example, I would play in a particular tournament in the wee hours, that would frequently start with only five or six players in the field. Soon enough there would be enough players for a second table to be created and so on as the field grew.

At one point, for a week straight it seemed, this same tournament regularly started with only three or four players registered. If there were four players registered and one got knocked out, then registration was closed. If the tournament started with three players, registration would remain open. But if a fourth player registered and then a player got knocked out, registration would be closed once it field got back down to three players (the money). I specifically remember this because after it happened the first time and we saw what happened, we made it a point to try not to knock each other out until there were sufficient players in the field to insure that tourney would last long enough for more registrants to enter and thus build a decent prize pool.

Another thing that I specifically remember was that there always seemed to be certain players that would try to take advantage of the fact that players were making an effort not to eliminate each other, by frequently going all-in, knowing that they were unlikely to be called but someone who not only didn't want to get knocked out, but didn't want to knock the other player out either. In fact this is the only time that I can remember actively participating in stalling tactics.

Remember, if you play long enough, you will eventually see everything.

Last edited:
xxxREAPERxxx

xxxREAPERxxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive never seen it happen before but i would imagine if you knocked everybody out that late reg players starting roll would not be too much of an issue even if they double rebuy and add on..lol

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting situation

This is a very interesting situation which I have never seen in person as I assume it is rare. But if no one else shows up I would think you could just wait until late reg is over and you win!

E

EtoJ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This happened to me being the bubble in a satellite. The tournament ended right away.

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all....it has never happened to me...i mainly play pokerstars....thanks darrell