My last SNG thread (5k posts incoming) :(

S

Snakester420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
two things you can experiment with.

1. raise smaller preflop and on the flop, this allows you to make a relatively cheap turn bet and get them to fold more often. This is because a lot of players now will call bets in position, but will rarely continue to multiple street action without having something.

2. limp more from the sb, this also allows a lot of things to happpen postflop. This is less effective early on like you describe, however in the later game, limping helps to keep SPR really low and a good about of moving space postflop.

As far as range goes, raise as wide as you possibly can, or as wide as the players will generally let you raise. Stealing is less important early in SNG, so the early goal of SNG is to trap bad players into making postflop mistakes, however it can also have the reverse effect with us losing in spots we shouldn't have. So it's much harder to do.

But yeah overall, more and more players know about position and how to use it. So you need to be one step ahead of them and employ strategies to deal with people who are calling with position. You have to be careful with this, as some players are just loose/bad and will call multiple streets often, so it really depends on the players in your game, but this might help you deal with them a bit more.

Thank you very much for the tips, these are very helpful. I struggle playing any hand from the small when it folds around to me (except JJ+). I will be taking all of the advice you have given me, it means a lot that you answered my questions. Thanks a lot! Good luck in future games.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont be afraid to make some risky moves and push to get a stack of chips as you will need to be able to survive many all in spots in the late game. Aim for those top 3 spots, nothing else really matters too much.
Thx man il try to play to the top not just ITM