Which is best? Bounty hunters or knockout. They seem very similar.🤔

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its just different names for the same thing. The real difference is between tournaments, where the bounty stay the same (KO) and those, where it increase, when you knock out other players (PKO).

otters

otters

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Its just different names for the same thing. The real difference is between tournaments, where the bounty stay the same (KO) and those, where it increase, when you knock out other players (PKO).
Thank you. đź‘Ť

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in increasing knockouts, for example, if you knocked out 2 of them and lost before reaching the prizes, then you earned 0?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in increasing knockouts, for example, if you knocked out 2 of them and lost before reaching the prizes, then you earned 0?
No typically you get to keep half the bounty, and the other half is added to your own bounty. Lets say its an 11$ PKO, where 5$ goes to the price pool, each player begin with a 5$ bounty, and the poker site keep 1$. Then if you knock someone out, you are paid 2,5$, and your own bounty goes up to 7,5$. If someone then knock you out, they are paid 3,75$, and their bounty increase 3,75$. And so on and so forth.

The idea is, that the bountys maintain their relevance all the way to the final table. In a traditional 11$ KO getting to the final table is almost like getting to the final table in a 5,5$ normal MTT, because the bounties are insignificant compared to the payjumps. If for instance the next payjump is 30$, getting that payjump is far more important than winning a 5$ bounty. But if the bounty is 27$, then it still matter and create a different dynamic.

otters

otters

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Makes it a lot more exciting I think.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
knockout tournaments are more popular because they immediately give money for knocking out players and people play so there are more motivations in a regular tournament you need to get into prizes, which is a very long time to get and reach prizes

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No typically you get to keep half the bounty, and the other half is added to your own bounty. Lets say its an 11$ PKO, where 5$ goes to the price pool, each player begin with a 5$ bounty, and the poker site keep 1$. Then if you knock someone out, you are paid 2,5$, and your own bounty goes up to 7,5$. If someone then knock you out, they are paid 3,75$, and their bounty increase 3,75$. And so on and so forth.

The idea is, that the bountys maintain their relevance all the way to the final table. In a traditional 11$ KO getting to the final table is almost like getting to the final table in a 5,5$ normal MTT, because the bounties are insignificant compared to the payjumps. If for instance the next payjump is 30$, getting that payjump is far more important than winning a 5$ bounty. But if the bounty is 27$, then it still matter and create a different dynamic.
thanks for the clarification, yesterday I played 2 tournaments with increasing knockouts and did not understand how it works, because I was eliminated from both tournaments at an early stage, I will know
But in general, as an experienced player, do you recommend playing tournaments of this format? Let's just say I play below average in tournament poker

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone. I prefer bounty builder more than KO types of tournaments.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually prefer the Bounty tournaments.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But in general, as an experienced player, do you recommend playing tournaments of this format? Let's just say I play below average in tournament poker
PKOs can be soft, because its fun for recreational players to try to knock each other out and get that instant reward. But if you want to play them well, they are more complex games, so for people new to tournaments I would recommend to begin with those without bounties. Some people also dont like the extra variance, which comes with the PKO format. In normal tournaments you rarely need to participate in a 3-4 way all-in for 30+ BB, unless you have something like aces or kings. But in a PKO you often need to do it, because people will have much wider ranges, when they can win a bounty, and you need to content for those bounties as well.

Pulse_69

Pulse_69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I personally like knockout tournaments, more than regular ones, I hardly ever play regular ones. It's an exciting event when you knock out and get paid for it.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I prefer the knockout ones. Much better to see someone who plays bingo poker get knocked out.

max82nik

max82nik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
No, you usually get half of the reward and the other half is added to your own reward. Let's say it's $11 PKO, where $5 goes to the price pool, each player starts with a $5 bounty, and the poker site leaves $1. Then, if you knock someone out, you get paid $2.5 and your own reward increases to $7.5. If someone knocks you out, they'll be paid $3.75 and their reward will increase by $3.75. And so on.

The idea is that bounties remain relevant until the final table. In traditional $11 KO, getting to the final table is almost the same as getting to the final table in a regular MTT for $5.5, because the bounties are insignificant compared to payjumps. If, for example, the next payjump is $30, getting that jump is much more important than winning a $5 reward. But if the bounty is $27, it still matters and creates a different dynamic.
Yes, that's the right answer.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
only if you pay the initial buy in :D
I always play 16pl shootout. that way im ITM when I score my first KO

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't see a difference between them, in the end the same principle

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I don't see a difference between them, in the end the same principle
gameplay is very different. you get called way more often with complete garbage for the offchance they get lucky and can score a bounty.,
They are willing to put anything in. But with the right timing you can take advantage from this situation

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
gameplay is very different. you get called way more often with complete garbage for the offchance they get lucky and can score a bounty.,
They are willing to put anything in. But with the right timing you can take advantage from this situation
a big room for bluf you say? :)

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Progressive knockouts are a favourite of mine. I used to play a lot of them on Crypto-Logic where they were called headhunters.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is the same thing. The word knockout is used from all the poker sites, but each site uses and another name for these tournaments.