KK and then an A comes up on the flop

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, poker is a game where you sometimes have to do things your intuition tells you! Mathematical calculation is important, but other components are important in this game!

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best move is to fold the pocket kings with an Ace on the flop esp if there are 3 other players in the pot betting 4x the BB. I would also fold in the middle/bubble period of the tournament. It sucks to have to fold your pocket kings on the flop, but its the best move with an ace on the board. With that being said i think you got unlucky on the flop but thats poker. Good call on the fold.

G

Glebtyzhnyh90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that here only a check or a small bet count, if the fold is aggressively aggressive, it often came across, I do not like KK at all. Especially in large tournaments in general the card is being moved, and dangerous.

M

Morgan85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Kk at preflop I prefer to raise 3,5-4 BB. At flop if I see A- bet 1/2 pot, then if opponents do big reraise, then I fold my hand...

M

Morgan85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Also I read in "Green book": 4-bet at preflop says that A-A in hand

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this situation, you should be very careful. Your opponent does not know nothing about your combination. And you also can not be sure that it does not have Ax
So best not to play very aggressively and then you do not lose a lot of money
If you know that your opponent is bluffing. you should play aggressively:D:cool:

Narciso

Narciso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The answer that would be ideal in my view is that, you should note how much Stack your opponents have, if your Stack is higher, play very aggressively, if you are smaller, play only by paying ("it is better to go in than out" ), The rope most often breaks the weaker side ie certain moments of the game which counts is not the good hand and yes how many Big Blinds you have, good luck!

R

Runeloko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Old story brother, you just gotta try to read your opponent hand, if he made a raise Pre-Flop then I'd say that you should start thinking he got the Ace. :(

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all,

I was just faced with a situation where I had wired KK and then an A came up on the flop. There were 3 players and the one in front of me bet 4x bb. This situation occurred at the beginning of the tournament and I ended up folding. The player after me called and the two of them ended up playing for the next lowest card (10). It really stunk to fold wired kinds but I felt it was the right thing to do.

Would you have done the same? What if this had happened towards the middle of the tournament. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

This is the most stupid, hurtful situation on the flop! having KK to make a raise and see the flop ACE is really disappointing.. Today in the BIG tournaments 2 times I had to throw away kings posley the appearance of an ACE on the flop.. the right decision to fold, but if the raise is not great, you can see the Turn :)

J

Jerry Kierl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You didn't state what action took place preflop. Did you raise and get reraised? If you raised, how much? Buy in $x or freeroll? To me each situation would be different.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would go broke or rake in a good pot. I have never folded kings. ever.

That is pretty ridiculous.

While I don't think they hit the muck pre-flop, when you are in a multi way pot with an ace flop, 3 suited cards on the flop, 4 suited cards on the board, a 4 card straight on the board, I could go on and on where it certainly is the correct decision to fold KK post-flop.

Sometimes you need to play a small pot or just let the hand go.

Its still is only 1 pair.

Y

Yoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You think that is weird ive played a 12k$ tournament few hours ago KK in hand some one raise to 600 i re-raise 2.4k he go all in ...i call.. flop is K Q 9 turn is 8 river is 10 i loose 30k from my stack he had JJ....

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Been there done that, think it is one of the hardest things to do except folding aces when there is a str8 on the board. sometimes you do everything right and still lose. good luck to us all.

This is exactly what happens to me at least once a week:mad:.
But what to do? There is nothing we can really do about it, because sometimes you just have some players calling with weird cards on a big bet pre-flop and they find themselves hitting two pair on the flop or even making a straight right on the flop:(.
For example i had :ah4: :ad4: in early position and someone in the cut-off or on the button calls with :4d4: :8c4: and the flop comes :4h4: :8s4: :2d4:, it's nearly next to impossible to fold a re-raise all-in especially when you have seen that this same player tends to bluff a lot/ keeps betting with air.
So IMO there isn't really an exact formula that can help you in these situations, but if you have kk and 4 players call and a player in early position makes a bet when an ace hits the flop and you have 2 more players to act after you then it's definitely a good fold on this flop:)
Hope this helps a bit:)

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes ... it has happened to me many times, as I have been eliminated with kk, also the foldeado when seeing an A in the community cards followed by a strong bet of a player

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a good fold, too many players seeing the flop, why nobody have an ace ???

E

evaldas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I folded pocket KK non one, it's tricky card but if ace is coming on the table there is not much to do, so fold is the only option in case like that and I think it's the right thing to do

Y

Yura Nabok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you got KK on the flop xAx its a good time to play check/fold !!)))

K

kaizuki

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think it's right to fold to only a 4x raise at that point but there are definitely times when you gotta fold kings, thats what separates the good from the great

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So sad. One of the worst feeling to see the Ace come in on the flop when you have KK and just know at least someone has an Ace. You have to fold it. And like other people said you have to fold one pair even an overpair like AA in a bunch of spots (ie a straight or flush is out there and there is lots of action in a multiway pot) if you are going to be successful in tourneys. I still sometimes struggle with this but I'm learning. :)

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But what did happen pre flop?

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But what did happen pre flop?

this is the only good comment on this thread

if youre check-folding pocket kings every time theres an ace on the flop youre giving up too much. you need to understand ranges and flop textures and figure out how much of their range actually is Ax and go from there. when there are 4 players on this flop you can usually fold, but it depends. sometimes they will just bluff if they think nobody has an ace

A

alexandro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to be ready to fold the hand if you need to any ace on the flop can cost you lots of chips