KK late in the tournament

S

Skidis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good play. You got unlucky that the :ah4: showed up on the board. It's an unfortunate situation for someone holding :kc4: :kd4: . It was a good fold. The idea at this point is to cool yourself down A.S.A.P and get back to the game.

+1

You played well but was unlucky :)

kazkas

kazkas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i believe hand played itself. u could've shoved preflop, but he still calls u every time. call pf would be wrong play, coz u let him in so cheaply

J

Jdawg0913

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise smaller preflop. With the limper, I would have made it between 12 and 14k. Keep the pot small so that when things like this happen, it is not as devastating. You lost a good chunk of your stack when you could have lost less. Keep the pot smaller and you will have much easier decisions on later streets.

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are right with the raise, but it could have been a smaller raise just to have callers. But when you not go all in with KK than when you want to go all in. I myself go all in preflop when I see someone raises and hope that he calls.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You said its late in the tournament. When the UTG calls, the pot is around 10k. I believe that 10k is already huge to steal. I would rather go all in and isolate the UTG. Even if he calls or somebody calls, I know I am ahead preflop. The blinds at that point is just 20x your chips at hand. The ratio of the 10k to steal is already good so going all in is i believe the best move, but your move raising to 4x the big blind is still fine.

N

Nickwastaken

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good play. You got unlucky that the :ah4: showed up on the board. It's an unfortunate situation for someone holding :kc4: :kd4: . It was a good fold. The idea at this point is to cool yourself down A.S.A.P and get back to the game.

the latter of this statement (cooling down and getting back to the game - woo-saw) is as important as anything else... if not more... i mean, i would say your play here was correct but shoving after with a low category hand (cards were tt if im not mistaken) was where you went wrong; id say if you cooled it you could have played that a bit better, too... maybe just toss em and limp your way through the bubble at that point...

i mean, 50k with blinds going up to 5k is still plenty of time for another hand/time to let people go out before the bubble bursts :)

i cant blame you; ive been in your shoes and shoved and.. lost :) ... patience is a virtue.. dont be afraid to get back on the horse!

edit - but dont get bucked off it either lol

edit two - it hurts twice as much falling off the second time, especially when drunk. metaphorically, and literally.

fortopyan

fortopyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everything is very simple ... fold or push... I think that the only correct action in this situation - it allin on PF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C

clownbaby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like a smaller preflop raise with the intention of shoving back at any raise. Flop was horrible and the fold is standard. If you want to isolate at this stage of a tourney just shove. The shove gives up too much value IMO.

T

TheNoobie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is the danger of slow playing big pocketpairs, mate. You should have shoved it, if you ask me. But when you didnt and you saw that flop, you should have folded. Put it like this, the flop and the turn comes ( lets say 4 5 6 7 ) and only one card is needed for a straight. Yes, it is an open straight, so 3 or 8 do the job. Now any of your opponents might have limped in when the raise was low. But when you go all in, it takes his whole chips to see those cards, do you think he would have called you with A 3 or A 8, just to be in the hand? This is a dangerous spot. If your king was from the right color, no problem, you can call it and hope doesnt have the ace if you hit it. But it wasnt like this. I think late , when you get all of the people covered ( even if someone beats you he's not going to take all of your chips ) you should shove it in. Late game people play tighter and you wont be called with any hands unless they are shortstacked.