KK In a very ugly spot preflop, on the FT bubble of 1k?

Aceplayer55

Aceplayer55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since OP mentioned FT, I assumed the tourney paid 9 places and this was a bubble issue. Definitely go All-In in all other situations.

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should keep.an eye on payout specially on.final table situation..

D

dudu10grande

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not fold KK preflop with that, you're only losing to a hand, which is the AA and if this were to happen, you still have 20% to ganahr hand.
And to win the tournament you need chips, so I think this will be one of the best spots to have, even for being the time of the bubble, where the biggest stacks and good players will put pressure.

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I realize that the this certain situation Is somewhat laughable. Yet my thoughts were this.

A) If I choose to fold, I guarantee myself a seat at the FT with a somewhat middle-Ish stack size. Which In all honesty Is workable.

B) I'm not worried about UTG/Nor was I ever worried about C.O. It was the BTN that was the Issue because, I mean, how can he/she 3bet reshove (Knowing full well), that C.O was calling (since that player was a station). So what range of hands could possibly do this? I couldn't really think of any other hand besides QQ/KK/AA/AK and that was really about all.

Lets look at It from a different situation. Forget this little buy-in and assume this same situation happened on the FT of a "Major Sunday Game", Is this still a situation that you would gladly call of?

A) Do you want to win the tournament or just wait for a miracle spot thats never gonna happen and then flip for 10BB in 6/7th position or put yourself in a good position

B) You crush the range QQ/KK/AK/KK so even if you know hes shoving those hands its still a call, plus he shoves way wider than this with 10BI

I came 10th in the SCOOP Sunday million for 10k, first was 250k and I was in a similar spot with AQ, I got it in vs A9 and lost. So yes I would gladly call off with KK lol

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A) Do you want to win the tournament or just wait for a miracle spot thats never gonna happen and then flip for 10BB in 6/7th position or put yourself in a good position

B) You crush the range QQ/KK/AK/KK so even if you know hes shoving those hands its still a call, plus he shoves way wider than this with 10BI

I came 10th in the SCOOP Sunday million for 10k, first was 250k and I was in a similar spot with AQ, I got it in vs A9 and lost. So yes I would gladly call off with KK lol[/QUOTE]

Duck, I'm honestly sorry, I felt like puking when I read that part, and here, I'm talking about folding KK pre on a micro FT bubble:eek: .

Once again thanks all for the responses and for making It clear as to why I should call of here. I knew I had to call, but Just wanted to drill It In there, real good was all. For those wondering I did end up calling. BTN had AA, I reshoved from SB, BB had AA, lol yup, and C.O also called with Q6o UTG had 9s and Aces held to win, I did manage to FT but finished In 9th place. Yet I used entire TB to make up my mind as to weather to fold or call or re-shove or fold, I kid not

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stop with that win/place mindset! Please!

Every one of the brains ITT knows that once at the FT, in whatever position, we can win! We have won coming from the small stack at the FT! That hell bent rush to win a tourney before it can even be won, is ruinous thinking. Getting into position to run deeper and deeper is still mostly the same thinking minus a whole lot of danger.

This particular hand ended up being too crazy to analyze, and being 5 handed, it all happened too fast to approach with a calm considered mindset.

Few of us will ever see a hand that bizarre, there is no prep for that shit!:cool:

B

BRADYboy2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i hate the spot you're in but i think i am re-jamming here and hoping the hand holds, i think you may run into maybe JJ, AK, and even a smaller PP or even QJ, etc with only 10bb and it's a spot where if you win you will be going for the larger money, i also understand that you could make a crying fold and 2players get KO'd and you can then try and pick a better spot but i think i would be rejamming here but i can understand if you made the crying fold.

B

BRADYboy2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok dimiss that last comment, i just seen you posted the actual hand and did call, that's sick he had the AA and you would've made a great fold but that's why we love/hate poker at times but when you get hands like KK it's so sick when put in a spot like this. :(

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like these tournaments only have 200-300 players, so I expect you'll soon have another chance to win. Hopefully, this tournament is well within your bankroll, so win or lose, no big deal. The blinds are going up quickly, so how long can you wait to see another good hand like this? Your M will be what, something like 6 or 7 in a minute or three, and after another 10 minutes at the final table, it will be down around 5. Plus, you only have to beat the big stack with 5 players right now, versus probably having to beat a bigger stack 9-handed. You're going to have to put it all-in soon enough, so this seems like a great time, especially considering all the chips in pot.

Roman Romanov

Roman Romanov

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1000000 freeroll. my KK moved AJ opponent gathered JJJ

joker131

joker131

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the onlt time I would contemplate foling KK preflop finaj table is if I was last to play and 3 or 4 players shoved before me. consider 3 or4 players with pairs, 1 will hit trips most off the time on the flop. but that's poker win some lose some

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Looks like these tournaments only have 200-300 players, so I expect you'll soon have another chance to win. Hopefully, this tournament is well within your bankroll, so win or lose, no big deal. The blinds are going up quickly, so how long can you wait to see another good hand like this? Your M will be what, something like 6 or 7 in a minute or three, and after another 10 minutes at the final table, it will be down around 5. Plus, you only have to beat the big stack with 5 players right now, versus probably having to beat a bigger stack 9-handed. You're going to have to put it all-in soon enough, so this seems like a great time, especially considering all the chips in pot.

'If' he folded (just saying 'if') why would he EVER have to wait for "another good hand like this" <<??? He wouldn't. He'd just have to pick good spots which he's likely going to be able to do (hence why he even considered folding... even though I'm never folding here).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
the onlt time I would contemplate foling KK preflop finaj table is if I was last to play and 3 or 4 players shoved before me. consider 3 or4 players with pairs, 1 will hit trips most off the time on the flop. but that's poker win some lose some

So you woudln't consider things like ICM?

I mean you said the 'only' time.. right?

What if you're sitting on 50bb's, another guy (villain in this hand) has 53bb's, 2 others have 15bb's & the other 4 players are all on <10bb's and payout structure is very top heavy. OR maybe payout structure is Top3 get paid a pkg to a live event.

There's a gazillion spots I'd fold KK pre. It is always situational.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my earlier days of online play I'd contemplate a fold to "fold into the money hopefully" regardless of the table. Nowadays, it's pretty much an insta raise shove. You've got to take your chances in that spot.

I ran my KK in AA in the biggest tournament of my life last year that I free rolled into and busted way out of the money (at the time of the bust, the bottom ITM was like $300 and first was 28K). It stung but there was no way I was folding there. It hurts but it's a calculated risk and will more often than not run into weaker hands to your benefit. I actually make the money less often than I used to, but when I do make the money I run deeper than I ever did previously and I think putting aside the fear of busting and playing the hand/table and not the "fear of busting" has helped me.

The ONLY way I'd even remotely consider folding these days on the bubble in this spot you were in is if there were already at least two others all-in before your action (and one or two of the players would be knocked out if they lost). Because in this situation you could fold, someone else gets knocked out, and you're ITM. But who knows if you'd get KK again, if you take the fold into the money route with more than 1 person all in ahead of you hoping for them to bust, then you're likely mid or short stack at the FT and might have had a chance to really build a stack off KK there.

lolgato

lolgato

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would only consider folding it is if there's a possible flush,straight or an overcard or 3 peeps got all in

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heavy spot but i think you made a good decision cuz no one would fold KK preflop

GuiWah

GuiWah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol. I think i wouldn't have courage to fold a KK at the tournament start on Pre-Flop.

P

PackAnotherBowl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only plays boats and top sets with no draws. Easy fold.

R

RealityOracle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You're under 20BB, it appears. You probably ought to shove here, and hope to get one caller.