KJ on a good or bad MTT hand?

A

antoniogtp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KJ in an MTT

It all depends on stage of the MTT and the position from which you are playing KJ... I think this hand should be mostly played from late position or in heads up pots between small blind and big bling in which everybody has folded... I have had good experiences and bad experiences playing KJ in MTTs... I consider it a good MTT hand in general... Now in a final table I would consider it a bad hand to play because in a final table the blinds are too high and the probability of flopping a straight is low... hands like AK and KQ dominate it preflop and when a K is on the flop...

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kj is good for playing in position or defending BB.

When we hit two pair on the flop, it yields a good pot, if the villain has an Ak or kq.

N

NicoVlopez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the position from which we play it. But generally speaking it's a good hand. As we get closer to the late positions it becomes even more powerful. And if it is suited, better.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends, I wonder how many times you have played a poker hand in a mtt tournament with your KJ cards! My experience makes me recognize that in a very bad hand since in 80% of the times I play with KJ I have almost never lost one of those cards on the table in community cards.

What do you think of KJ hand how do you play these cards! is this hand bad?

Like most hands, KJ tends to win small pots and lose big ones.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As with everything in poker it depends. KJ is a great hand to play. The thing is say you flop a jack for top pair on a 27K flop. You should bet for value but if you are re-raised on the flop and the player is will to put a lot of money in the pot on the turn should you be happy? If you said yes there is the issue. What hands are you losing to on the flop that the other played would do this with that you beat? A&5, nope, KT , nope. Would they play 22, 77,or AK this way, yep. KJ can be played and you could make a lot on it but you need to realize its not the nuts.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands