***Jigamaree, Judicous July Tourney thread***

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So why should I raise pre in the 1st hand but not the 2nd hand? I have the same hand in both, and plenty of BB's in both (75 in the 1st, 30 in the 2nd.)

I don't regret anything with the 2nd hand, guy had been limping and raising a lot, plus the only 4 hands your dominated with facing AQ in a pre-flop all in is queens, kings, aces, and AK. You have a flip with all pocket pairs below queens, and your a big favorite against all the weak aces. I got it in good (only a 24% chance I lost the hand) but the guy hit runner runner.

1st hand your right, should have raised pre.

I'm not saying not to raise, I'm just saying don't jam. Also justifying it with the statement "I got it in good" is pointless. I'm sure you've seen the statement don't be results orientated a million times so saying I was favourite is irrelevant as to the optimal play, which as poker players is all we care about. I can post a ton of hands from today alone where I shoved and was in awful shape but that doesn't make my play not optimal, equally you getting it in good doesn't make your play optimal.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finished 5th in my 1st satty to the Mohegan Sun Pocono Downs $1100 Penn Poker Classic but only 3 spots paid :( Thought I played very well for never getting a FH, Flush or ST8 and only one 2P in all my hands. Busted out on a typical race, my A6s vs 55. Hope to try at least one more satty.

will you buy in if you dont win a satty?

Probably not. I can easly make the $125 satty cost in my local poker rooms cash games but $1100 is a bit too steep right now. But if my horse in wsop #59 makes a significant cash then who knows.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not saying not to raise, I'm just saying don't jam. Also justifying it with the statement "I got it in good" is pointless. I'm sure you've seen the statement don't be results orientated a million times so saying I was favourite is irrelevant as to the optimal play, which as poker players is all we care about. I can post a ton of hands from today alone where I shoved and was in awful shape but that doesn't make my play not optimal, equally you getting it in good doesn't make your play optimal.

Why not jam there? Folding or calling does not seem like a better play, but I could be wrong.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably not. I can easly make the $125 satty cost in my local poker rooms cash games but $1100 is a bit too steep right now. But if my horse in WSOP #59 makes a significant cash then who knows.

Good-luck man!

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not jam there? Folding or calling does not seem like a better play, but I could be wrong.
Because non-AI raising is infinitely greater than jamming. You seem to be presuming there are only 3 options, call, jam and fold. non-AI 3-bet is best ainec.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing but running cold this week.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing but running cold this week.

Same. I always seem to run completely card dead, hit a big hand then either run into something that stomps me or get murked by a suckout.

Oh well, better luck tomorrow.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Need to win like $200 in 10 days so I'm semi-rolled for Micro Millions. gogogo.

HeHe...

Doesn't BR management just go out the window for these promotional donkaments?

I'm sure I nearly manage to bust my built up roll each and every time for a series.

Oh well..Im in! :D

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ITM in the sunday warm up if anyones interested

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the rail. Good luck.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GL duggs.

Sick ****ing hold with 3'3. Nice flop though with I guess you had two of his outs covered!

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clearly I'm your run good rail duggs so I'll accept 30%, nh with 99.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kx bets turn as does Ac with the 99 hand right? so i was calling all non A non J Q. more inclined to call club bets since he doesnt go that big for value and checks back the 10c most likely

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hope this finishes within 5 hours i have a dentist appointment

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An actual profitable Sunday for me.

And with that I am plus for the month.
Feels great.

Edit: Good luck Duggs! TID!

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
42/52 need a double

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
out in 42nd, jammed 33 on the lag, then KA and QQ woke up behind me,
dammit

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brutal, unlucky man

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played in the $300 GTD R&A ($1.10) on Cake made a nice hit on it. Out of 161 players I finished 5th. Got lucky, when the final table started I was last in chips and then the server went down for about 20 minutes. 5 people gave up and was sitting out when it came back on. Out lasted all of them except for one who had x4 my stack. Put in $3.10, got out a little over $27.

Got stacked that $25 ten days ago, got it at $50 right now.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finish the day off with a BR a little over $70. Ran well for a change.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was just messing about on cashier and found $30 in VIP rewards that I was not aware of, that was a nice surprise. I've also got another VIP reward bonus. Does anyone know if it's worth saving up FPPs (have like 1300 atm) or just buying each of them as I unlock them?
AZe0B.png

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only ever spent FPPs to play the Silver Star freeroll. Have about 10k. I think it's best to hold onto them because they come up with promotions from time to time where you'll get alot more value. I was well pissed off when I couldn't get the $80 bonus in April cos I hadn't achieved Silver status the previous month. I think they'll do the /10 VIP promo again where you'll get Platinum for 750 points in a month. Better value to be had there but if you don't have many FPPs you won't be able to get much.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only ever spent FPPs to play the Silver Star freeroll. Have about 10k. I think it's best to hold onto them because they come up with promotions from time to time where you'll get alot more value. I was well pissed off when I couldn't get the $80 bonus in April cos I hadn't achieved Silver status the previous month. I think they'll do the /10 VIP promo again where you'll get Platinum for 750 points in a month. Better value to be had there but if you don't have many FPPs you won't be able to get much.
Yea maybe better to stash them away, it's not like I need the $10.

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been rough since I went over $70. Two days ago I tried play a few games out of my limits, then yesterday I ran mainly cold. Played in 4 schedule MTT's, and only min cash in one. Did well playing sng's, just wish Cake had traffic for there 45's.

Hopefully I will get to play some in the later evening tonight. I was looking last night and although satellites never interested me, Cake has a $1 R&A satellite with 1st place getting a ticket to the $100,000 GTD freezeout pro bounty tournament on Sunday. Only 60 or 70 got in, and 2nd and 3rd got decent money. May give that a run tonight with others.