My ITM is over 22% but my final table Rate(%) is too low please ADVICE

sabir

sabir

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More than 20% of the time I recover my stake but once I do, I'm starting, lately, to change my attitude , by opening my Range "wide", and told to my self I have nothing to lose, so I take more risks hoping to flops the Nuts

I noticed, after more than 3 hours palying, I lose patience and I start to get bored which impacts my style of games and my decisions

am I right to think like that?

Any Advice please could be useful to me to overcome this critical phase

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
You've answered part of your own question with what the problem is right in your first sentence. You need to change that mindset. This is a form of tilt and a lack of mental toughness. The way I fixed this when I first started myself. You have to FORCE yourself to stop that. Stop opening wide. You have everything to lose because min cashing the 17-22% of the time which is a good % btw and never getting much further will cost you every penny you have before long and you'll have to deposit again.

Min cashing 17-22% of the time will never grow a bankroll or make you money long term. It leads to going broke and re-depositing. So "YOU HAVE EVERYTHING TO LOSE" by "opening wide" and not taking advantage of the 17-22% of the time you cash and moving up the pay scale to final table and win. Quite honestly you really have to final table to make any money playing to min cash is losing money.

^Re-read and pound all that into your head till it makes you stop "opening wide" and makes you stop "thinking you have nothing to lose" is that position, Because till you understand and realize that you have everything to lose nothing changes in your head.

Cheers!!!

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe it is a valid change of mentality.

The winning game of poker is extremely aggressive and uncomfortable.
From what I can understand you are reaching a lot of cash but you are probably arriving very shortstack which makes it more difficult to go further in addition to the problem of losing patience in a long race.
In any case, you have good points for improvement...
You need to set goals and objectives so that you can measure your progress.
Studying the game and ICM situations can help you in this aspect... but there is no magic formula... Poker is a game of persistence and patience.
Maybe you can focus on turbo or shorter games... but it will all depend on how you plan your tomorrow based on the data you have today.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
More than 20% of the time I recover my stake but once I do, I'm starting, lately, to change my attitude , by opening my Range "wide", and told to my self I have nothing to lose, so I take more risks hoping to flops the Nuts

I noticed, after more than 3 hours palying, I lose patience and I start to get bored which impacts my style of games and my decisions

am I right to think like that?

Any Advice please could be useful to me to overcome this critical phase
After 3 hours of play, reaching ITM and heading into the late game, you should be more excited and focused than at almost any other stage.

Likely only to be eclipsed by, the FT itself.

This is the crux of tournament play and profitability - if you are getting bored and losing focus at this stage there's definitely something a little off kilter...

To give you advice, can you explain how and why you lose patience around this kind of time?

Are you commonly at a particular stack depth or does it vary much?

Kind Regards,