Is it worth to play satellites?

freerollhound

freerollhound

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WSOP satellites

One crypto site has Main event satellites from free to buy in. USA cant buy in but they can play the free, that what is what I play. Not bad. no limit coin poker . Fox also has something,

D

dreamwalker3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i get so tilted to play sattelites to have a goal to quilify for some mtt and not manage it...when you can not beat 10 people how you are gonna beat 10000 is the annoying thougth in my head

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Satellites have such great value, it is very worth it to play satellites. You can win a satellite and play a huge event for 1/10th the buyin if you win a satiee

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're recreational, satellites are great. If you have a poker bankroll I don't like them so much. If you can't buy-in directly under your bankroll management guidelines, you shouldn't be playing the tournament at all. Play within your bankroll and build up to where you can play these events.

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a way to control my bankroll I always participate in satellites not to leave my bain, for me and as a form of merit, because if I do not win the satellite I do not participate in the tournament that is beyond my bain

unnamed72

unnamed72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often play sattelites but rarely win a ticket, if you have a lot of time then play it

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
A lot of my achievenents pass through satellites. My answer is yes.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I pay no deposit to the poker sites playing 'from zero to hero' I do play a lot of various satellites and some of them are quite nice when you pay no money, or a small entry fee. But from economic point of view the satellites are not very profitable.
Each satellite takes some 3 hours of your time and you are not winning each of them, then you may calculate you need some 10 hours plus entry fee and perchaps rebuy money to win a ticket ( or a similar award). Then in case of for example Venom, you win a ticket to play for another ticket that gives you the right to play for another one...
So definitely there are some satellites worth playing but not all of them.

freerollhound

freerollhound

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nolimitcoin poker has satellites for the Main event going 7/24

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is certainly worth playing satellites, most of the time I can classify for good tournaments paying very little.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like to participate in satellites. But satellites are a great test for poker skills. In satellites, you can test yourself and save money on tournament fees.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play them all the time even if I can afford the target tournament.:):):)

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes very much worth it if you're confident enough to win a ticket into a high buy in tourney i always do the freeroll satts

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is always cheaper to classify by satellites, you have to think is the time you spend earning the satellites if the savings is greater than what you produce at that time.

F

fastfash25

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant stand satellites. Waste of money I always just buy right in to the big tourney

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depend on your time & money. :ahhhhh:

Enough time & short of money, go to play satellites.

Enough money & short of time, go to play main events.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my experience rather buy the ticket into the main tournament if you have the money. If you have limited bankroll then try the sats. In the past i've wasted more money in the sats than i would've just buying the ticket to the event. When you've lost 10 sats in a row you will see what i mean.

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If you know you will do good in the main tournament, it means you are good enough for a satellite.

If not, you should play easier tournaments, you should always play with a good chance to win.

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on me I prefer to pay some events directly instead of going through the sattelites because I also take into account the time and energy that I will have to provide to achieve my goals.
Same for me. Happend a lot, to spend more money on sattelites then buy in for original tournament. :mad:

kostas1234

kostas1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes with satellites you can earn bigger prices but you need to good at tournaments, i earned at the past 250$ tickets to 10million tournament , it woth much with 1$

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Picture

I know this is crazy, but I cant find out how to get my picture to show straight like yours. It always show sideways or worse, but never vertical as it should be, how did you do it?

Definitely! There is such good value! and even playing smaller tournaments and placing in the top 3, thinking of that as a satellite as well. If you're looking for more inexpensive ways to get into main events, it is totally worth it!

B

bronson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't you find that micro buy in satellites take a long time to fend off donks who have no problem calling with 9 3 off and take you out of the tournament

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Satellite is worth it...

For entry to tourneys satellites are a good way to go. Upside: not much risk, BR-wise, for potentially large payoff. Downside, the huge numbers of players you have to go through to get ITM. If you are a patient person, or a whatever-it-takes grinder, thumbs up to satellites.

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your bank roll

Hello since you are talking about tournaments ...some satellites are great, so if you have to pay for it your bankroll must be ten times bigger.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poker is awesome...To play wisely

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course, i regularly play in bigger tourneys by entering their satellites.

Poker Tells