Is it still possible to grind up from freeroll?

765RingoP

765RingoP

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a new player that got interested in poker just a month ago.
I think I played enough play-money games and should get some valuable experience in real money games.
But I have problem, I'm wondering should I deposit some real money or grind up from the 0.
We have good freerolls to participate but its time is... actually 4:00AM or 5:00AM in my timezone.(JST)
So it's hard for me to play tournaments, perhaps I need to play cash games, but that needs deposit... That's my agony.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
my opinion is that if you deposit the money you should set a monthly limit, no joke :)and once reached do not try to increase it; and try to play tournaments in which you can play relaxed, even if it's losing:)

Kashmir

Kashmir

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I play a lot of freerolls and have grinded up and have a small cash float. In my opinion you really need to set a limit on your cash you are willing to pay out. It seems like you have a good poker sense but once you play for real cash it becomes more difficult to make the payouts in tournaments. Also players who play in sit and goes generally are more inclined to play to win with a multiple of hands and seems to win more often than good starting hands.
Good luck...see u on the velet.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freeroll takes a lot of time with no relevant game experience. give it a try if you have shit loads of time.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe, if you have more than one life :)

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's bad that you can't accumulate a bankroll from freerolls. This is the simplest and most effective method for studying not at your own expense.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I build my bankroll up every month again, so yes, it is possible. Most helpful are the really worthy CC Freerolls (Thanks again for THAT!!!)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You can make a bankroll from freerolls, it is not so difficult, even if you are at the begginning!

M

magnus369

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is possible, however, we will be talking about a modest bankroll and for micro stakes, I think it is very unlikely to be able to raise a lot of money, like $10000, for example, unless you invest a lot of time and several days and attempts at it. Even getting $100 can take a while, I say more than a month, it depends a lot on which platform you play and you'll need a little luck yes, I'm also trying to build up a bankroll from freerolls, I already got a few dollars, but due to a recent situation in my life I needed to cash out and it's also very easy for you to break when you have a few dollars, but I managed to make about $78 in prizes from freerolls and tournaments that I signed up using freeroll money this in about 14 days, so it's possible, but I also had some frustrations playing big MTTs, I intend to collect money in freerolls and in the future after I get married, collect some money to make a deposit.

Sorry if I said too much, but I would like to express my opinion, and wish you good luck in life and felts.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If your serious about the game than deposit, if your just in it to have fun than try and run it up from freerolls.

8W8W8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is possible. I believe I made about $200 from 0 in less than a month - Playing Freerolls and Tournaments. I lost it all from not having a good bankroll management.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe it is possible, the key is you must be able to win, freerolls or pay entries with your own money, so your skill is the deciding factor, not freerolls.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think I would tell you to start from 0 with the freerolls, but you say that it is complicated by the time zone, but what I would do is make a deposit, but first I would set goals and draw up a plan of what to play, when, etc. when it is clear with what I want to do I make a deposit, no risky deposits, and I would go from there little by little to see what happens

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is but it's hard, if you hit a couple of the cardschat freerolls it's much easier but the regular freerolls that's a tough one. I'd say deposit some money and grind man grind hard

I think I played enough play-money games and should get some valuable experience in real money games.
But I have problem, I'm wondering should I deposit some real money or grind up from the 0.
We have good freerolls to participate but its time is... actually 4:00AM or 5:00AM in my timezone.(JST)
So it's hard for me to play tournaments, perhaps I need to play cash games, but that needs deposit... That's my agony.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started playing online PS a couple of months ago and just recently started ending up in the money in freeroll tournaments. Alas, haven't won one just yet. So, in my experience, yes, it is still possible.

A

Artexx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience it takes alot of time playing big tournaments and ending up in the money. And the reward in freerolls often is only micro. So it will take you a looong time to build a serious bankroll. But it is very good to collect experience playing against a big variety of players!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yes.

In 2 years I have gone from a $1.40 CC freeroll cash to over $14,000. ;)

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very difficult to win in the free, but it helps in learning and benefiting from some experience. As for the beginning, you must put some money

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Depends on what you want from poker, if it's just playing as a hobby, I'd start my bankroll, playing only freerolls, and if I win a few $, I'd play some $0.25 sit-go, 45 people at pokerstars, where there are a lot of recreational players. Now if you want to pursue a professional career, you will have to invest in courses and deposit some $ at the beginning. Hope this helps, good luck on the tables.:)

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
If it is possible to make your bank roll with a freeroll but it is not easy, you must mainly have time, discipline, a lot of patience and logically luck, but in general it is possible to grind in feeroll.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes, but it may take months. Your immediate goal should be to rise up to Platinum member status so that at least you can play every day.

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can build a bankroll with Cardschat. I set a 1 year limit to reach my goal. I’ve reached 30% of my goal in 70 days. I placed in a few cardschat freerolls and played a few other tourneys. If it wasn’t for Cardschat, I would not be playing online.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't yet but I do believe it is possible.

Last freeroll I've won had a 2000+ field.
It wasn't lots of $$$.
U$ 10 to be more specific.
Went to 02NL 6 max and made 100% on it in a day but had no BRM and lost it all during the week.

Actually the freerolls that you find passwords easily usually has easier players also, the only thing is that the prize isn't much.

So play on the CC freerolls and you might have a bigger challenge but will bank higher.

Might take you a while but it is possible to grind from freerolls just have a good plan, study, do your BRM and all that.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Or instead of freerolls, you can go for a walk and collect bottles, hand them over to a glass container collection point and make a deposit with the money received :D
This can speed up the process of climbing the limits in real money games.

But in general, it’s really possible to earn start-up capital from freerolls for the game, that’s exactly what i did in all poker rooms...