Is it the nice play or fish luck?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This obviously is fishy by villain but why are you raising half your stack compared to just jamming 11BB? That question has nothing to do with the result of the hand but just a question that made me scratch my head while watching the hand replayer. When you wind up getting called you are already committed so you would have to put your chips in the middle anyway.

K

Kichidk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is this a freeroll? or a cash tourney? you could have shoved but did you think he would fold or is he a maniac? that said k a doesnt win ...what ? 45 percent of the time ...so you you should have shoved,but other than that. .you got it in with the best hand, but, the villian improved on a good flop. and really thats what you want. a good spot, cards that dominate...and position. always nice to have luck lol.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You had a king with a medium kicker. Against you there is a short stack that raises instead of all in. Your hand is rather weak. Think about what he might have. You're in luck. When you bet all your chips, it is already tied to the pot. You push the stack you know in advance that it will go Allin. You have a weak hand. You are lucky. You could have more value against an unknown hand with a suited connector.

H

Hennertime

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, your money was in good and he got lucky. Perhaps he wasn’t giving you credit for a monster, leading up to this were you playing a lot of hands? What was your table image?

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Urrgh...Absolutly fish donking bingo play...How can he raise k7s?Only because its suited and he wants to go to bed ;)

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in a free this is very common he just played Bingo and got lucky, I bet you that in the Sunday Millions with that hand he folds immediately. so it was a bad move but with good luck

LuckyBundy13

LuckyBundy13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings,

Been a while since I posted but I'll give it to you raw.

Considering your stack size and current blind structure, this is and should be an automatic shove pre flop against an UTG raiser.

You put yourself in so many awkward spots if you get flat called, unless your plan is to shove any flop, in which case, just do it PRE!!

The results are irrelevant. So you got sucked on, big whoop, that's life. Not a hand to dwell over. On to the next one.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would not say that this is a good game, just lucky !!! Look at the preflop percentages in this situation: Player1 wins 29%, but loses 71% !!! The player with the hand "K7" will definitely be in the red if he continues to play like this !!!

LuckyBundy13

LuckyBundy13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not say that this is a good game, just lucky !!! Look at the preflop percentages in this situation: Player1 wins 29%, but loses 71% !!! The player with the hand "K7" will definitely be in the red if he continues to play like this !!!

Looking at the numbers is great. I do recommend getting familiar with those but what I want to get across is to NOT be results oriented and encourage an optimal play for future reference.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it the nice play or fish

Hello. That was amazing. First, the player UG, in my book should not bet unless he is late position with one or two limpers and should call. If he is the first better and in late position, he should raise. He bet out of position for sure.

The player with the AKo did what he should have done, raised. All-in bets are up to each, but, like in this case, may be detrimental. It is a premium hand, top 15%, level 2 for sklansky. It is a great hand to have and will win more than lose. Even at the flop, not a wet flop, I have a King with the highest kicker possible, looks like no chance for a flush. When the second 7 hit, I would think, hey, two pair. That will win a lot more in poker. Then comes the thought of somebody playing a pair of Ks or a pair of 7s against me.
After playing poker for many years, I would have raised on the flop, but maybe not gone all-in. I can say that when a pair hits the board, I may have lost more than won. To me, the UG player was a fish and that play was "Fish Luck". I know the feeling of the AKo player. Crap!

Dan'O

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The usual bad beat is a very common situation in the late stage of tournaments. The only thing worth noting is your raise instead of push, the all in would be more likely to fold the opponent.

MusterIsBack

MusterIsBack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your hand definitely had more chances and chances to win, and that was nothing but luck. Of course, I think you should not have done all-in preflop, and there was no special need.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played poorly.. You have 11bb (3300 chips) (there are 1000 chips on the table) for your stack, it is strange to put 3bet... In this situation, you need to put all in and take 1000 chips without any problems. I don't think the opponent answered your all-in, maybe the opponent called, but I'm not sure..

Yes, I'm sure you need to play all in now..

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The rival was clearly throwing cards into the аllin for good luck. This is not normal for such a card. I wouldn't do that. On the first big raise, I would fold the king with 7.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are playing a freeroll, so of course some of your opponents are going to stack off incorrectly preflop. As others have said, you also played weird by not jamming with a 12BB stack. And maybe he misread that and thought, he had fold equity. At the end of the day it was just a short stacked all-in preflop situation, and of course you are never going to win those 100% of the time.

S

SoulMan87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why you even ask? Ofcourse its a very bad play. K7s UTG should not even call the bigblind here. Fish luck.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was a negative EV play that got lucky. While the AK os is a good hand, it is still not a hand to go all in. I would say 3bb is better than 5. This would not have made the AK have to go all in. The K7 s is just throwing bones out, probably because they think sheer dumb luck is actual skill. I personally do not see either hand played right at the moment. I would rather see a flop than risk my tournament life with nothing.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Agree your raise should have been a shove. You leave yourself an awkward stack otherwise which is more or less pot committed.
I have stats on your Villain who tends to make those sort of plays with suited hands. Shove may have slowed Villain down.