Is it necessary to speed up the time in poker for players to think?

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Is it necessary to speed up the time in poker for the players to think because I think it’s too much for the players to think for 30-60 seconds so it’s tedious to wait for their decision and the tournaments have become very long, it’s tiring, I really think it’s time in 2022 to speed up the time of the tournaments and the players’ thinking time
When this time is well used, I think it's fair for the player to use it to decide whether or not to play in a given hand.
But I see players in every hand wondering if they're going to fold or not. The player who is always playing and has a pre-established range of hands does not need to think, this is already automatic.
Players who play at more than one table also tend to delay for obvious reasons.
The rest really want to show up, or annoy.

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
when i started poker i used to do that .... thinking i would get itm . so probably the players that does this is new

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, it’s unlikely that they will reduce the time, of course, the game goes fast enough online anyway, and there will always be those who are dissatisfied with some decisions

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
While you will learn by winning and losing, poker is a game that you don't just learn at the table. You can learn a lot more by reading poker strategy blogs and books. One such blog is hosted by 888poker. We all had to start at one time, and we all lost at first. Don't let small setbacks at the start lead you astray. Be patient, follow the advice and constantly improve your playing skills in practice. And most importantly, relax and have fun! In the end, it's just a game. Who plays well, the waiting time is not important to him.
you treat poker as just a game, but I know people who treat poker like work, get up on time for tournaments, devote 8-12 hours to work, I think everyone has a different understanding of the attitude to the word Poker

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it is time to give the players less time to make a decision. It drives me crazy when you get multiple players at a table taking up all of their time bar to decide on almost every hand they play in.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Some players don't even deserve to have that time to think about how much time they spend.
yes, I think everyone knows how much time they spend on poker or other extra time, I think nowadays no one has it, because the time seems to have decreased, it seems like 24 hours, but it goes like 12-15 hours quickly flies, so I think we need to value our time as in the game and in life

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I've been playing online poker for a long time, so I have plenty of time to think, because I'm still thinking during my opponents' moves. Most likely the player went out somewhere, because his conditional 30-60 seconds will just pass.
yes, it’s rare that someone will go far from poker somewhere, the players just sit until the last second and make a move at the last second, and so every time I met such players, they just take the players out and enjoy it, waste their time and others and are happy about it

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Everyone who enters a tournament has the goal of at least getting the paid places or, of course, even better to win the tournament. Everyone has their own strategy on how to best achieve this goal. There are also various reasons why someone leaves the clock running sometimes it is because they need more time to think, and sometimes it is people who think that they then have more chance in the paid places if they let the time run, whether this is true is very questionable in my opinion. several people at the table who let time run and that every hand. But different people and different ways to play, I think you just have to try to deal with it. I also think that it would be much better if they abolished the rebuy or reentry or simply shorter registration time
rebinding is a separate issue and it makes a lot of people really angry i know it firsthand i talk to a lot of people in poker this question makes them so angry i think you're not the only one who doesn't like it much💪💪👍👍

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I guess 30 seconds is a nice time to think

so if you need a little more in a delicated situation, you may use your bank time.
yes to me and 30 seconds is a lot, I would like it to be reduced to 15-20 seconds

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
well, it’s unlikely that they will reduce the time, of course, the game goes fast enough online anyway, and there will always be those who are dissatisfied with some decisions
yes, I don’t think they will shorten the time to do this, you need a lot of people who will be unhappy with this, or some famous player will not say about it in an interview after that, maybe even change the time, otherwise everything will remain the same, we are just discussing it and I just want to know how many people think like me

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, it is time to give the players less time to make a decision. It drives me crazy when you get multiple players at a table taking up all of their time bar to decide on almost every hand they play in.
this is how I think it’s something, but if there are several of these players at the same table and everyone thinks up to the time scale and then makes a move, it’s terribly how long the tournament stretches

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One could always call the clock. I've seen a dude thinking for 48 minutes in a satalite. None of us said anything. The very same dude not only qualified, but ended up winning the main event. Kinda funny!

Last edited:
Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
When this time is well used, I think it's fair for the player to use it to decide whether or not to play in a given hand.
But I see players in every hand wondering if they're going to fold or not. The player who is always playing and has a pre-established range of hands does not need to think, this is already automatic.
Players who play at more than one table also tend to delay for obvious reasons.
The rest really want to show up, or annoy.
Yes, if the player uses the time for its intended purpose, there are no questions here, I agree with you, well, basically the players are wasting their time

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
One could always call the clock. I've seen a dude think for 48 minutes in a satalite. None of us said anything. The very same dude not only qualified, but ended up winning the main event. Kinda funny!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:I haven't laughed so hard in a long time

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said, turbo and hyperturbo tournaments often have shorter time allocation than those with regular speed blinds. So if you find the action to slow, maybe play more turbos and hyperturbos. Or add more tables. If you have multible tables running, you dont have to sit and get annoyed about the one, where someone is running their entire time bank preflop before sitting out ;)

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would like to know who teaches "run the clock every hand for as long as you can" and have them banned for life.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is not only the thinking, maybe the player is playing a few games, or many games together. Some times the time looks too much, some other times it is usefull!

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Согласен, времени на раздумья много. И два часа за поздний заезд — это тоже очень много.

siberianspecial

siberianspecial

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Is it necessary to speed up the time in poker for the players to think because I think it’s too much for the players to think for 30-60 seconds so it’s tedious to wait for their decision and the tournaments have become very long, it’s tiring, I really think it’s time in 2022 to speed up the time of the tournaments and the players’ thinking time

I disagree, because I already see that the time you have is reasonable and as you use it, especially when the blinds go up, this time is necessary to make a decision, less than that, you can look for hyperturbo tables.