Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Guys
Played a tourney of freeroll with 300 GTD prize pool

Field was 2.7 k ish
I got eliminated at 11 position winning 2 $satty ticket with a bad beat that's very frustrating to say the least

But according to rewards for the last 10
Could I have maybe played it different ? Considering there's one opp with low stack at table

Attachments

• kkpoker_1705066422003.jpg
    kkpoker_1705066422003.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_2024-01-12-19-12-02-760_com.iom.kkpoker.curacao.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-12-19-12-02-760_com.iom.kkpoker.curacao.jpg
    1,023 KB · Views: 36
TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For me it's a snap shove. You have so few bb, less than 8bb, you need to take that spot and go with it.

Don't second guess just because you lost the hand.

Tech101205

Tech101205

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's a snap shove. You have so few bb, less than 8bb, you need to take that spot and go with it.

Don't second guess just because you lost the hand.
I am not second guessing because I lost it
It's just that I had a feel maybe I could have folded it and let the short stack get eliminated first to get minimum better reward compared to i would get if I lose

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't always like the 'you have to play to win' argument when talking about these kinds of ICM situations, however I think in this case, and without knowing the stacks on the other table, AJ is too good a hand to consider folding in any similar spots with your chip stack relative to the short stack.
There's no actual expectation that he will bust, its 50/50 when he next gets it in, so you have to try and take the chance to put yourself in a position where you can challenge the top spots, rather than considering a $3 pay jump as a goal.

If for example you had 2-3 million in chips, then you don't want to risk your stack so much, as you can call and fold without really affecting your chances of winning the whole tournament. Basically you have more to lose, than you do with only 8bbs

Tech101205

Tech101205

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't always like the 'you have to play to win' argument when talking about these kinds of ICM situations, however I think in this case, and without knowing the stacks on the other table, AJ is too good a hand to consider folding in any similar spots with your chip stack relative to the short stack.
There's no actual expectation that he will bust, its 50/50 when he next gets it in, so you have to try and take the chance to put yourself in a position where you can challenge the top spots, rather than considering a $3 pay jump as a goal.

If for example you had 2-3 million in chips, then you don't want to risk your stack so much, as you can call and fold without really affecting your chances of winning the whole tournament. Basically you have more to lose, than you do with only 8bbs
Looks like it
I know I played it according to this
But sucks to lose at worst possible position 😂
anyways thanks for your opinion