Is it a new strategy to play AA this way?

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Today during the $100 freeroll tournament on pokerstars, I came across two similar situations, where the villains played their AA pairs very aggressively.
I would like to know from more experienced players if this is a strategy, a tendency or if it is an insecurity of the players because it is a freeroll.
I'll leave both hands below for you to analyze and give your opinion.
I did not identify the players because it is not my intention to expose anyone, I was just curious about this situation.
Grateful Cesar.

Replay this hand on CardsChat

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I rarely see this in regular MTTs, so mostly it is a phenonemon of the freerolls. Since the player did not invest anything, most are up to jam any premium hand to either double up or spend their time otherwise.

From a strategy perspective, it makes most sense to min-raise AA independent of stack sizes to at least get some action.

Both players were very lucky that another premium pair was willing to pay such a high price to see the flop. :)

subluchuk

subluchuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
i wouldnt speak of new strategies.Just badly played.in the first hand he bets almost 100 BB pre.I dont see any reason to do so.And in the second hand its a ten BB open which is also never a good play.So,lets say its just nonsens freeroll style

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both players were very lucky that another premium pair was willing to pay such a high price to see the flop. :)
I was the player from the second hand, I have to tell you that I was not lucky at all in that hand. :D

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I've seen J9os make these plays I'm not faulting AA lol, it's a freeroll sometimes it's go big or go home, the Kings got very lucky, it happens👍

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No friend, it's not a new strategy, it's just a weak player, I'm sure he doesn't know that the AA pair wins 80% of the time and loses 20% of the time, and he only focused on the AA pair when he lost.

so it's easy to play against this type of player when we see a very big raise, in some cases I fold even AQs when I see such a player at the table, especially if it's a final table.

send me his name soon to put the note 🤣😂🤣😂

A

AntoniodeLima0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Today during the $100 freeroll tournament at Pokerstars, I was faced with two similar situations where the villains played their AA peers very aggressively.
I would like to hear from more experienced players if this is a strategy, a trend, or if it is an insecurity among the players because it is a freeroll.
I will leave both hands below for you to analyze and give your opinion.
I didn't identify the players because it's not my intention to expose anyone, I was just curious about this situation.
Grateful Caesar.

Repeat this hand on CardsChat

Repeat this hand on CardsChat
In freeroll tournaments, especially at the beginning there's not much to do. I think shovar is the case, as many players will pay with any hand. Now when the buy-in increases, the level of the players also increases, so it is unlikely that shocks or increases too much pre-flop will receive calls. Of course, there must be a balance between slow and aggressive play with aces, so the strategy that you will adopt varies from player to player.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No friend, it's not a new strategy it's just a weak player, I'm sure he doesn't know that the AA pair wins 80% of the time and loses 20% of the time, and he only focused on the AA pair when he lost.
I used the term strategy just for fun😁, I believe a player in their right mind would not make a move like this unless they are too scared of getting a bed beat and just want to take the dead money off the table.🤣🤣

send me his name soon to put the note 🤣😂🤣😂
I can even be a gossip, but not a snitch.😁🤣

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In freerolls most have no idea how to play their hands. So when they see cards they like they go all in instead of making their game more profitable.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Maybe @Poker Orifice can comment because this is how he plays his Kings. They must be hoping to be called by lesser hands and they usually do. Anything less results in multiway pots. And yet they still end of losing quite a lot anyway :unsure:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Maybe @Poker Orifice can comment because this is how he plays his Kings. They must be hoping to be called by lesser hands and they usually do. Anything less results in multiway pots. And yet they still end of losing quite a lot anyway :unsure:

Or you could play according to the Puzzler. He waits for the patterns before putting any chips in the middle. Up on the reserve they put em some smoke signals up, have a few koakaneeez and den day play da poker. Too bad it rigged doh. When I see da patternzz rights, then I gets the big chips and da big paydays. PS I wants to be like da fundiver. Yah.. dat bee goooood. (I hides my rigginess aroundst him doh.... so he be my friend eh). Wanna kokaneeee?

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also do this in freerolls, if you enter a small bet with AA at such tournaments, almost the entire table will come in with trash hands, and our AA will be completely useless

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Or you could play according to the Puzzler. He waits for the patterns before putting any chips in the middle. Up on the reserve they put em some smoke signals up, have a few koakaneeez and den day play da poker. Too bad it rigged doh. When I see da patternzz rights, then I gets the big chips and da big paydays. PS I wants to be like da fundiver. Yah.. dat bee goooood. (I hides my rigginess aroundst him doh.... so he be my friend eh). Wanna kokaneeee?
This is the best you can do? Make fun of indigenous people and how they have had to live as a result of the history of this country's abuse of their rights and lands?

from254

from254

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
KE
Chips
from the two plays...for me i would say, this player is insecure or scare of their aces getting beat. It is a weak play that is hard to balance...It only makes sense if they were last to act and with a lot of callers...for me, if theres lots of callers..would even shove..otherwise..i would open it like any other hand

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well usually you want to play AA vs. KK any day. Just sometimes you also lose. 😅
And you want to see an A, it arrived on the river :D.
But I didn't want to play that hand, I had in the same time a more important hand in the PS Home game and I wanted to be fully focused on that one. At least on the other table it was much better

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So,if you were the player from the second hand.Could you please share your thoughts on opening 10BB s?
1. BB was 150, I opened 1050 -> 7BB not 10
2. I was involved in the same time in an NLO game (tournament won, btw) and that hand was more important than this one. I just wanted to finish the hand without focusing on it. And that was the case.
3. Avoid players with 10 8off that will hit 2 pairs on the flop :D

pankoffff

pankoffff

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
sometimes u need just push but it depends on your position.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, these are freerolls there even a couple of dozen so any pair is played there like it's the best hand and 9 players push 1010 and I don't even know what's in their heads so just forget just know that these are crazy freerolls who play freerolls and play with a bang lucky yes no and that's it

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Today during the $100 freeroll tournament on Pokerstars, I came across two similar situations, where the villains played their AA pairs very aggressively.
I would like to know from more experienced players if this is a strategy, a tendency or if it is an insecurity of the players because it is a freeroll.
I'll leave both hands below for you to analyze and give your opinion.
I did not identify the players because it is not my intention to expose anyone, I was just curious about this situation.
Grateful Cesar.

First one his looking for the short stacks preferably one of them, as on Stars (I find this myself often) they have a crazy habit of survival lol. If Hero makes a standard raise and another stack either suspects his low to mid paired and wants to force him out with the same idea to single out a short stack, Hero is going multi-way. It’s easier and safer just to firm his intention which is the shorts and add to his stack more safely.

As for the second... ouwwwchh... what a river lol. Out the gates that was pretty OTT, I suspect he really doesn’t want a multi way and wants a heads up situation off the bounce. His very likely to only get action from upper pairs and strong suited fisherman. Hero be doing the same again I be the lol, maybe even insta shove haha.. what a cooler.....

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
And lets not forget it’s freeroll... oversized bets are called all the time. Unless it’s deep, fish are plentiful unlike the ocean lol