C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I would like to ask the participants of the tournament:
Have you ever had a situation where you have 7 4 on your hands, and you want to make a call in an early position, you call and catch the nuts on the flop, and you shorten the bank by moving kings and rockets???
The question is only about intuitive desire, not fish moves

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never intended to call with 7 and 4 in early position. I prefer not to risk it. But those who take risks and do well are because luck smiled at that moment. That's what a game of poker is. If it was just strategy, the lucky ones would never have a chance.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know, I personally have never had such an experience of intuition, but I know that this happens to many people.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello! I wouldn't collude with such cards from an early position either. But a couple of times playing at night, I caught myself in a state where I was about to fall asleep waiting for the opponent's move, and then I get dealt with K6 or 93 and I enter the game confidently, regardless of the position. And a full house or set comes from the flop, and you have a dilemma on how to play it to avoid scaring off opponents with a raise or making them fold with a check. And you are happy with such a small bank that you ask yourself: do they see your cards??? Anyway, I think the more you play, the more intuitive decisions you can make.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In early position it is impossible to risk calling with 74o or 74s.
If you're tempted to do it, you're definitely a fish.
Now, if you are in an SB position and you know that BB is a tight player who plays few hands or calls a lot, or does not usually make big raises, and the hand is good with many calls, you can call and at least see the flop, as long as your stack is good enough to not waste blind bets unnecessarily.
This is in relation to a tournament. In cash in late positions 74s in a hand that can be defended calmly, you see the flop and if it agrees with your hand you act accordingly.
Note that playing 3 players, as I put in the image and you having 74s preflop in Big Blind, you still have a 20% chance of winning. These increase or decrease when seeing the flop.
Greetings:):):)

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (273).png
    Captura de pantalla (273).png
    129.4 KB · Views: 2
dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
7-4 from EP smells a little fishy to me but good luck! This might work if you have been super tight and finally come out with a raise.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We have to be very careful about intuition because we may be mistaking it for luck. Also we over value our winning intuition and ignore our losing intuition because we win soo much when we are right and lose so little when wrong most often

You would have to data map your intuition plays to see if the win freq is greater than random to suggest intuition has value in poker

:unsure::geek:

seiya1989

seiya1989

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Anything is possible, right here on this forum there are a lot of fish who play bingo and get lucky

NSX_Amfe2nat

NSX_Amfe2nat

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My intuition send me for rebuys everytime lol