In this situation is it better to check or c-bet?

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It could go either way. I would c-bet and try to protect my hand and get paid from smaller pairs.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I would also bet here. The probability that the opponent has 5 is very small

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
c-bet

if you check you force a couple to bet on the flop and on the turn, you are willing to pay two bets and give free cards, I would c-bet on the flop to know if small blind has 5, avoid cards free and control the boat.

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think c-bet is better at this situation.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 bet. If your opponent plays Call maybe he plays a set. The turn check if the opponent is a check, River 1/2bet from the bank. On reraise fold. You lose at least.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what was the pre-flop raise.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Hello mates, In this situation against two players, who believe it is better, check or c-bet ?.
I have a showdown hand, and it is better to check to control the pot, because there are no projects on the flop.
what would you do?
gl mates :D
would we ever get the chance to see the showdown ? XD

R

roman5551993

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is better to raise, so as not to catch 5.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
would we ever get the chance to see the showdown ? XD
I had little time at the table, I had no player information, I checked, the other players also, the turn brings a K, I bet 50% of the pot, the bb fold, the other player calls, the river a 9, I make a small v-bet, and the opponent folds.:D

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Betting other hands.

Hello mates, In this situation against two players, who believe it is better, check or c-bet ?.
I have a showdown hand, and it is better to check to control the pot, because there are no projects on the flop.
what would you do?
gl mates :D

Thanks for sharing.

If you would ever bet as a bluff or semi bluff you should bet here. The same exact size in each case less than half pot. While we are not losing to too many hands on the turn how can we know what to do if we get action. We know we do not want to try to get stacks or 3 streets of value so why give our OPP's a chance to bing a 3 outer or 2 outer for free. Heads up you can play much differently but you have two chasers.

Also while the turn card does not hurt us that often, the combo of turn and river can. Player ability also comes into play. A flop bluff is much less likely than a bluff on turn and river.

If you check flop, the player in the blinds leads out turn weak and you just call, the player behind you can leverage that bet with a bluff. There are a lot of good and bad players who might do just that.

Hope this helps.
:)

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a ticklish situation, most likely to make a test bet, if one of the players raises much, then 90% of what I would drop.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to bet for information here. I would c-bet the flop and check the turn to see if there is aggression from any of the players left in the hand. Some players may also re-raise your c-bet.

A hand like A5 can be in the mix and you have to be careful.

Interesting hand and a sticky spot.

howiefig

howiefig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
c-bet, and watch slowly the moves of the another players