If you were in a tournament where you can have your own coach, who would you choose?

I

I3onez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu if it is a tourney

Phil Ivey if it is Cash

P

PokerDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Charlie Carrell or Justin Bonomo

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are people I would like to meet... Brunson, etc.
but if we are talking about learning from someone, it would be Negreanu or Ivey.
though I would love to shove 7-6s on the opening hand and then ask Helmuth if I made a mistake? :)

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would choose Charlie Carrel aka epiphany77 as my tournement couch :cool:

M

Misticblair

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Parker Talbot or Daniel Negreanu - with both I would spend best beker hours of my life. Doug Polk is also an option here hmm... but nr 1 Parker cause he is neverlucky as I am. :D

P

PharCyde007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker coach

By far i would have to say daniel negranyu.:top:

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Bee, she can calm me down:)

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for playing on internet i would chose Nanonoko :)

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd go with Danielle negreana and Phil ivy.

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brian Paris or Doug Polk they are both great tourney pros and teachers those would be my top two choices and I have watched both of them live stream on the net while them bink hugh prize tourneys I also like Jason Sommerville he can play too.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's a tournament, Daniel Negreanu or Phil Laak. I tend to be talkative and a goofball myself at the table so Those two would help me harness it haha.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you were in a tournament where you can have your own coach, who would you choose?
It depends.... what is the buy-in? what is the structure? where in the world is the tournament? who is expected to be in the field? :)

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome

I would choose him as my coach

Barry Greenstein

:captain::captain::captain:

Some of these posts are so creative... it's awesome. That being said - I think having Barry as my couch would be more hurt than help. I only say that because I would literally fall asleep listening to that dude talk. Super monotone. Not to mention im pretty sure hes 70 now.

I'm gonna have to go with Kidpoker. Daniel just seems so full of life and his reads are next level. That or Stu Unger.... but i'm not sure he would have been able to stay off cocaine long enough to coach someone. Seems more of the type of guy that when you ask him a question he just shrugs like... " yeah everyone is a wizard and can soul read people, right?"

All the best

Travis,
BCP - horseshoebhole

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you have information about that player that you share with us? :)

Nano is the best multi-tabler ever. Used to be a mid stakes crusher online and holds the Guinness record for most hands played in eight hours with profit. Has recently moved to bigger live games and just recorded a 6th place finish in the Aussie Millions.

As far as my answer....I haven't seen anyone mention tonkaaaa so I'll choose him to be different (and we can share a bong on break).

Last edited:
odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would choose my best friend with whom we talk about poker and we are interested in it. We understand each other well, so I think that together we could do a lot

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I would choose one of them;
1 Ivan Demidov
2 Vitaly Lunkin
3 Alexander Kravchenko