if you have to leave,then leave

M

muddawgg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was doing real well in the tourney tonight and then someone after getting outplayed announced. I have to go, so they could go all in with junk. So I will not play coin flip for my tourney life so I couldn't play my game until they finally get knocked out. A few very good players who also were doing good, ended up calling and of course getting sucked out. This happened over and over for at least 15 minutes. Then I had to try to play against players who had gained chips from the all ins.
Do these people think that they are being fair by knocking out good players and rewarding lucky ones. Sitting out is part of the game, going all in because you have to leave really isn't. Am I the only one who thinks like this? I know for sure the ones that got knocked out don't like it.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate that as well, because most of the time these people are just saying that, then they double up a few times and stay.
One time, acctually last week I was playing a freeroll to waste some time, I was on a table of 9, 7 of them were sitting out, so it was me and this one guy. I had about $4,000 in chips and he had almost the same, so I told him I have to go and I would go all in except for like $1 and let him have my chips.
I ussually just leave, but he seemed like a really nice guy so I figured after I there might not be anybody else at the table to play since they were all sitting out....

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think going all in cause you need to leave is ok, but if you really need to leave then winning isn't going to help you . I dont think giving your chips away is any more fair either , other people on other tables are working hard for theirs . but there isn't any good solution. people dont care about anything they do in a freeroll . life isn't fair and poker isn't even close.

mrrigel

mrrigel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate this as well. My regular bar has a tournament every week and the same guy, every week does this....with a nice stack. He always plays good early, gets a stack and says he has to leave. It's a small tournament (10 bucks, 30 or so players) that's more about bragging rights then the cash, but it still sucks. Online peolpe always say it.

Swanny

Swanny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like such a trivial thing to worry about to me...

M

MississippiMud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like such a trivial thing to worry about to me...

It really is trivial because you can't control what other players do. Don't allow situations like this to throw you off your game. Don't make plays that don't make sense just to try and gain some "supposedly" easy chips.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was doing real well in the tourney tonight and then someone after getting outplayed announced. I have to go, so they could go all in with junk. So I will not play coin flip for my tourney life so I couldn't play my game until they finally get knocked out. A few very good players who also were doing good, ended up calling and of course getting sucked out. This happened over and over for at least 15 minutes. Then I had to try to play against players who had gained chips from the all ins.
Do these people think that they are being fair by knocking out good players and rewarding lucky ones. Sitting out is part of the game, going all in because you have to leave really isn't. Am I the only one who thinks like this? I know for sure the ones that got knocked out don't like it.

Sometimes I go into tournaments and go all-in every hand. It's not "unfair" or anything, some people just do it for various reasons (they think it's fun, they want to get under people's skins, etc).

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you can use that as a ploy. Once in a while try it with the Rockets and see how many you catch going all in with you with crap. It catches you some nice pots sometimes.

B

BigPoppaPDX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just put it on auto-fold

This problem definitely isn't "trivial" it is annoying and not fair. I have this happen a few times and I wish I could reach through and strangle the person. Just put it on auto-fold and go away IDIOT.:mad:

Q

quads

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When a player announces they want to leave, just ask him or her to please just leave the table and let the chips fall where they may fairly. If they still go all in, hope you got monsters or just get out of the way. You certainly can't get up and bitch slap him or her.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This problem definitely isn't "trivial" it is annoying and not fair. I have this happen a few times and I wish I could reach through and strangle the person. Just put it on auto-fold and go away IDIOT.:mad:

There is nothing unfair about it. In NL games, you are allowed to go all-in whenever you want, as many times as you want, until you have no chips left. Telling people that you're leaving is the same as people telling you "i got u beat, fold donk" when you actually have rags. If this angers you, turn off your chat box.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now putting their seat on Auto-Fold makes me more mad then them going all in. I hate seeing a tournament with 2000 people in it and 200 of them are "Sitting out" to see how far they can go. That is just 200 more people that you have to wait an hour for them to get blinded out.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Fair? It is what it is. My friend, I hope you are kidding & if not I hope you are playing very low stakes. :)

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Errrr what is unfair about playing the cards that your dealt any way that you want. Thats up to him not you. Surely if someone at your table is going all in every hand your not gonna wait for AA or KK to call are you ????

Remember if you faced with this situation (HU) for every poker hand you get dealt for the rest of you life, you would show a profit calling with every single hand apart from 32o .
€€

Thewebmaster

Thewebmaster

Freeroll #2 Winner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happens so much

Hi all,
I see this type of person every day in the freerolls, I ignore the fact they have said they have to go as usually it's just a bs excuse to go all-in on crap. Occasionally you get one who really does have to go because they tell you their cards but even then I don't believe them. I quite often use these people to double up myself, sometimes they get lucky and take me out, it's just part of the game, not a likeable part but it's just one of those obstacles you have to deal with, like bad beats, if you let it bother you then it affects your game so they win anyway.

At the end of the day if someone chooses to play stupid and go all-in pre-flop every hand or let's the 60 second timer run out every go they are doing it for a reason, to piss you off, but they are not breaking any rules so you can't do anything about it. If it affects you that much take a break, wait till he/she is taken out then start playing again, or give it a go and try and double up yourself, there is always another freeroll around the corner,lol

Tony :)

riffpoker

riffpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never even play until the second or third level anyways. Doesn't bother me a bit.