dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone!

This thread's title is: I will never deposit. This is a promise for myself.
I play on PS about 6 years now, and had my ups and downs. I always wanted to have a proper bankroll, but most of the times I could not manage it. I think the problem was that I wanted to catch bigger prizes in a short period, but more games could had been more chances.

In my opinion, when I am focusing on myself, I can reach great result. The CC tournaments are with the same group of people, but I could reach there success. It's like here our community really know how to play or just in the spirit of progress we try to improve our games. So I could reach it not because of I know most of us attitude, but we are still trying to be better and get into the money in a great atmosphera.

What I just don't understant, why I am always tilted on the " big field". Other tournaments I play in the same mood, have the same raises, and most of the times a hero comes and eliminate me.

So this guy went all-in agains me with :8s4::9s4: and I had :ah4::kh4:. The flop was :2s4::6s4::7c4: turn :jd4: river :as4:. The table had 4 players and it was a KO tournament, so my first raise was about 3BB and he called it. I am not blaming him, but to be honest I don't want to fold A-K again and again, and the flop I tried to "bluff" but got into the trap.
The very next hand (!!) will be against the same guy:
https://www.boomplayer.com/hu/33237578_CA1E7E0812

You can call it luck, but it was not. It is just all about the algorithm. (I will write my next thread about PS's algorithm cause I recognized few details about it. )
Could I play it better? Maybe. But it was a turbo tournament in addition a KO one so people here can bluff so much.

Today I was able to be the 22$ phase twice and both times my Ace-King cracked against A-5 and A-7. Against A-5 he hit the staight on the river, the A-7 hit two pairs on flop.

I am criticize this site because at low levels people are mad, and it's close to impossible to avoid all-in. No matter how you play, they will easily get into parties with medium hands like 10-8 or 5-5 from any positions. I just think you cannot avoid it. And that's the reason why you must have play more and more games from your bankroll. Cause you can be easily tilted at low ones, but you can catch nice places as well if you are patient and well-organised.

But it's only my opinion, and my bad day, which lead me to say that don't deposit again, cause I don't want to give as much credit to PS as I did.

I respect your opinion, if you want to share it, feel free. :icon_joke

Once again, my next thread will be a long one, and I will show you how PS mind work as my best knowledge. Have a nice week!

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with everything you say except "You can call it luck, but it was not." It's all about luck. Serious players playing seriously against each other in a serious tournament will be a little less affected by it, but it's still there "in spades". There is absolutely no way to "win" an 8 - 9 hour tournament without a LOT of luck. It just cannot happen.

Make it a freeroll or a tournament with less than a $250 buy-in and luck is absolutely the most important key to success.

What do I mean by "luck"? You have to win most of the flips that are in your favor and some that are not. You have to win most of the 70 - 90 percenters and a couple of the 2 - 5 percenters. There's no getting around that, and the chances of that happening is pure luck.

However, cash games (especially 6-max and smaller) are different. Skill plays a much larger role in these. Luck is still big, but not overwhelmingly so like in tournaments.

Last edited:
R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought similarly for a long time, but I have to figure out if I want to go to a higher level, i have to learn how to manage my bankroll. Bankroll management is a very important part of poker. By the way, there are excellent first deposit bonuses at excellent poker rooms!

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You mentioned your AK vs. Ace rags lost, always remember it is not so far ahead as you think, 70%:30% loses often: every third time.
When we say "dominated", it is indeed not so dominated as we think .)
Good luck at the tables, luck and skill of course.

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Actually, flops like that (suited and connectors) are very bad for bluffing. I don't blame you for raising with AKs, but seeing totally missed flop, you should consider check-folding.

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are coming to the right conclusion.

In my winner takes all home game at the weekend I had the exact same handvshand you had (Jacks vs 7's) and my opponent also hit his 7 all-in on the turn, and went on to win. It's about a 1 in 5 shot, but it's frustrating because I'd worked hard to get a chip lead and get my opponent into exactly the sort of match up I wanted, only for him to get maximum luck at the most important moment.

There is talk among my friends that there is some sort of river action card thing going on, which I don't really believe, I just think it's bad luck with disproportionally hurts better players. I look at these things and am thankful that there's just enough luck in the game to give it a broad appeal, otherwise poker would only have sharks.

They key, as you say, is to have a big enough bankroll that bad luck in one tournament isn't going to hurt you OR you just go with it and take it as it is.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are many opinions about PS, but today it is the best poker room... No one knows if there are bots or other dishonest players, but what are the alternatives? 888? but it's very limited... Losing your money is terrible and it doesn't matter if it's poker or sports betting...

I say always no matter you have 22 or AA (KK vs QQ) chances every time 50%-50% remember this please! playing all in is luck and it's stupid to blame PS if you lose! I remember, I know a lot of situations when 2-3 times in a row I won all in with a terrible card (got a straight, flash or fullhouse) on the river, it was great :) but there are always situations when 3-4 in a row you have AA, and all in you lose... nothing terrible, lost-OK, continue! :) no problems ;)

When you have placed all the chips be ready to leave the table! This is the Golden rule of poker! :) If you win say thank you good luck and keep playing! ;)

I think the situation 1 when you have AK and you put all in, without having anything on the flop is a gross mistake... What is it for? I understand when you have a couple, but you have nothing, nothing! And do all in... My opinion!, this is not a very smart game... I'm sorry...

Do I understand correctly that you made a bet * bluff (flop) and got all in? If your opponent is playing all in on your game, the situation is very simple-FOLD!: (

don't worry! go back to the game and good luck! ;)

k0dka

k0dka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say always no matter you have 22 or AA (KK vs QQ) chances every time 50%-50% remember this please!

Come on now, there are three possible outcomes but the chances do depend on the hands held. Don't be too polarized in your mindset - you might miss plenty of opportunities.

P

Puerta2005

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good point......but there are some sweet deposit bonus that you are missing

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Come on now, there are three possible outcomes but the chances do depend on the hands held. Don't be too polarized in your mindset - you might miss plenty of opportunities.

three results?) my friend are you serious?) how many times have you seen the third result?) If two players go all in, pair against pair)) ;)

Don't worry, my mind is clear and fresh for poker ;) gl :)

k0dka

k0dka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
three results?) my friend are you serious?) how many times have you seen the third result?) If two players go all in, pair against pair)) ;)

Don't worry, my mind is clear and fresh for poker ;) gl :)

Not saying it is likely, just possible and yes, I have seen it plenty of times :) As far as pair vs pair goes, 80:20 is a long way from 50:50 :) gl to you too!

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am in the same strategy as you and I have been in poker for more than 8 years and already have profits and defeats too, but it seems that a certain time comes that pokerstars make you deposit to your regular account, in my case started to lose with frequency and enter the thought that it will be the same, the site will see that a person is making a profit and then take everything for you to be 50% on the scale and not 100%