Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have 10bb in CO
UTG limp
MP call

I shove

UTG call AKo and I lost..

If you guys in my position what do you do?

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi :)

The perfect decision to shove here, you protected your strong hand against two players, and at least picking up the blinds.

People tend to play UTG position in very different ways, cause its a hard position. If the villain could see that some of you had low chips and may go all-in, limp-shove can be fine. Most of the times AK would raise from UTG tho still, avoiding multiway actions and fals view on their hand's strenght. In your case I would make a note on that player, that he/she is able to limp in from UTG with AK in a table like (xy) blinds. And move on, cause you made a right move by making them max pressure.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Proper play, unfortunate result. Making the proper play is what to focus on, not the result.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Like the others said, this was just unfortunate. I would have done the same,

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have 10bb in CO
UTG limp
MP call

I shove

UTG call AKo and I lost..

If you guys in my position what do you do?
after the bubble with such a hand, it was you who made the simplest and most correct decision. otherwise you won’t play this hand, and it’s better not to wait for hands, so don’t worry, you just got unlucky that you hit the hand stronger, but it won’t always be like this

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would do the same as you)))

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say you made the correct decision it just sucks what you was up against but I would of had the same idea there.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
On push/fold charts, we shove AQ (not from blinds) against UTG (no matter how he entered the hand) with a stack of 8BB or less. Against two, it is possible and even tighter should be played. It's hard to say offhand, you have to look at the icm calculator. I meant very tight charts from one of the poker schools. And there the game is not on the bubble. On the bubble you have to take into account many additional factors, such as the degree of tightness of the players who entered the hand, their style of play, some kind of notes, fold equity, etc.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think short stack on bubble should be played even tighter than on push/fold charts. Especially against stacks bigger than ours. If our stack allows us to wait until ITM, it's best to do so by playing very tight. And with a large stack, on the contrary, you need to play looser and put pressure on the average stacks. And against small stacks, you can most likely play using the usual push/fold charts, i.e. you also need to play more carefully against them, without much expanding the range.

Last edited:
P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's a 50/50 ot's okay to shove specifically on a short handed table but it's ok to fold that too on the bubble depending on what info u have about ur opponents and specially the one UTG

fedkov

fedkov

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
main push after the bubble, not before it:D

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You made the correct play and just was unlucky. He could have called you with AJ and you would have been happy there. Someday our timing just happens to work against us.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You did nothing wrong, the poker gods were not on your side this time. A lot of people are not sure how to play AK from UTG. They end up limping, then call a raise. Of course, he could have had mid-pair, or some other ace rag type hand, or was he trapping? Who knows. Just unfortunate he had you out kicked. Could you have mucked? Not really, in fact it would be disappointing if you did muck.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Personally, I think that you played correctly, you just got unlucky !!!

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will do the same. AQs is allin with 10BB.

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I guess you've played right bro, there is not much to do

ObiwanJ

ObiwanJ

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have done the same. At 10 BB left you're looking to get all the chips in especially as you're not likely to have a better hand before you run out of BB's and even if you did get lucky and get a better hand you wouldn't have the chips to make enough out of the hand. You made the right decision imo.