did I make the right move?

K

kmbpoker

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i always say that the 1st mistake is the worst mistake. in this hand you have 15000 . you say that everyone limped and blinds are 500 1k. if you got 3 limpers and the blind money that is adding a third times bigger to your stack if you dont have to see a flop. if it were me i am either going to try and flop a 6 and limp along with the rest and give up my 1000 if i dont flop a 6 to any bet, or try to put the 4500 in my stack right now and push.raising to 3000 is only inviting trouble . in this case she called your 3000 intending to go allin on the flop to any flop most likely. as for you calling her bet after she called your preflop raise and then pushing the flop, i just cant say that i would have felt i had the best hand right there, but at any rate i believe the mistake was preflop more than post flop
lmao i guess PO already made this point , shoulda read all the post 1st before i started in with my 2 cents

S

ssbn743

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You've got 15bb's and "EVERYONE" has limped! Raising to 3x is going to do nothing in this spot except make your flop decision more difficult (it's likely going to set off a calling train... because everyone has already 'called' pre & you haven't raised enough to keep most of them from coming along (& they will be correct to call in many cases... depending upon what they were calling with in the first place, beause you're giving them the odds to do so).

I think in this spot preflop I would just shove allin preflop (you have 15bb's facing a bunch of limpers... even if you get called you're likely flipping making it extremely worth it).

I'd prefer calling over raising 3x pre

Shove >> call >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> raise 3x

Absolutely; this isn’t even a judgment call – shove or fold pre!

giraug

giraug

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just bad luck... it was a good call, but there is no sure winning hand.

A

ak725

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad play. he could have a 7 a pair of 8 or 99. loosing half of your stack in that call was a big mistake.

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with all limpers you needed to make the decision pre, all in or out, you have 15BB and with 2 limpers a raise size that would of made a difference is about 5-6BB which is way too much for your small PP
but if you believed there limps to be weak then of course your shove would be "hoping to pick up all that dead money" and hoping that if you get called its a flip, the key word there is hoping which is what we always do when were making a play like this, its in effect your hoping everybody folds, but even if somebody calls with 2 overcards you will win over 50% of the time.

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good call, you were just unlucky. She played awful calling a raise with 29o and then shoving all in with a pair of 2s lol ridonkulous :D

I hate when this happens..... I agree she did a horrible move. But sometimes I assume that people can't/don't play this kind of trash and it cost me a lot of money in the past. I remember having like two ppl limping in front of me .... me being in late position with strong hand, so I raised. One of them called me..... I don't remember exact flop, but looking at the board I was like "It's good, alright..... he can't possibly have 2. He wouldn't call my raise with 2" and then he showed 82 LOL. I realized some people don't care about your raise and when they decide to play 82, they sure as hell will play that hand no matter what. :p
So about your play..... I'd be little scared about 77 on the board. 66 is not such a strong pair. But it all depends .....You should've shoved, imo. OR limp. Either see the flop for cheap or shove and hope for the best.

redwhitealex

redwhitealex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
certainly it was the right move. just helped his opponent luck and nothing more

IM deusXmachina

IM deusXmachina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you read it right, and got your money in when it was good, than don't beat yourself up over it. "That's poker folks" as Doyle would say....

:2h4:

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with 15bbs or less(antes? dont know effective stack sizes etc) i dont like the 3x raise
any card will scare you on the flop- and you are positioning yourself to be pot stuck

not knowing more info, think you need to either fold, shove, or limp - depending on the players and tourney format

jorzunik

jorzunik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol nice call and very much luck

next time all in preflop