PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Always fold here if your are planning to min raise and fold to a 3bet from the blinds.

It is a clear cut spot to shove if you plan on playing the hand. This particular time you were just unlucky to run into a monster.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets look at your options, if your plan is to raise fold, then a 2.7x raise on the button with blinds raising next hand would put you at 10BB effectively which is clearly danger zone. If your plan is to raise call then Im in the school of thought that its better to just get it all in. Whether it is perceived as weak or strong it still puts your opponent at a difficult decision, because no matter what YOU are seeing the river. With 15 BB AT suited is a fine hand to rest your fate on, It just so happen that he had the goods, it happens, I see no mistake here.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You cannot limp or open fold with 15bb, so the jam is fine imo. They just woke up with a better hand.

Just today I jammed over the top of a button raise on a final table with 6 left, as I assumed they where trying to steal blinds, and the BB woke up with KK to my AQs and I didn't get there. That is the chance we take when we jam on someone, especially with someone left to act so pick and choose your spots wisely .

C

Chipsteal_jj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hand was played well. If you raised, villain would've shoved with anything as he would have fold eq over you. ATs is a good hand for heads up if you are opening up but can make your hand weaker if he raises all in first.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The hand was played well. If you raised, villain would've shoved with anything as he would have fold eq over you. ATs is a good hand for heads up if you are opening up but can make your hand weaker if he raises all in first.

I completely disagree with your comment " If you raised, villain would've shoved with anything as he would have fold eq over you"
a) depending upon player (& situation) the 'raise' (vs. open shove) actually looks stronger
b) due to 'a', there'd be like zero fold equity