I have never seen so many premium pairs

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could you fold with KK or QQ, what would you imagine on that hand?

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.3 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds 5 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP1 (t4,985)
MP2 (t4,860)
MP3 (t5,090)
CO (t5,000)
Hero (Button) (t11,500)
SB (t4,965)
BB (t4,995)
UTG (t4,985)
UTG+1 (t4,895)

Hero's M: 127.78

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9
diamond.gif
, 2
heart.gif

2 folds, MP1 raises to t120, 2 folds, CO raises to t450, 1 fold, SB raises to t780, BB raises to t4,990 (All-In), MP1 calls t4,860 (All-In), CO raises to t4,995 (All-In), SB calls t4,180 (All-In)

Flop: (t19,965) J
diamond.gif
, 8
heart.gif
, 2
spade.gif
(4 players, 4 all-in)

Turn: (t19,965) A
diamond.gif
(4 players, 4 all-in)

River: (t19,965) J
club.gif
(4 players, 4 all-in)

Total pot: t19,965

Results below:
SB had A
spade.gif
, 8
spade.gif
(two pair, Aces and Jacks).
BB had Q
club.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
(two pair, Queens and Jacks).
MP1 had A
heart.gif
, A
club.gif
(full house, Aces over Jacks).
CO had K
heart.gif
, K
club.gif
(two pair, Kings and Jacks).
Outcome: MP1 won t19,945, CO won t20

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ YES KK ahhhhh!

Could you fold with KK or QQ, what would you imagine on that hand?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.3 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds 5 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP1 (t4,985)
MP2 (t4,860)
MP3 (t5,090)
CO (t5,000)
Hero (Button) (t11,500)
SB (t4,965)
BB (t4,995)
UTG (t4,985)
UTG+1 (t4,895)

Hero's M: 127.78

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9
diamond.gif
, 2
heart.gif

2 folds, MP1 raises to t120, 2 folds, CO raises to t450, 1 fold, SB raises to t780, BB raises to t4,990 (All-In), MP1 calls t4,860 (All-In), CO raises to t4,995 (All-In), SB calls t4,180 (All-In)

Flop: (t19,965) J
diamond.gif
, 8
heart.gif
, 2
spade.gif
(4 players, 4 all-in)

Turn: (t19,965) A
diamond.gif
(4 players, 4 all-in)

River: (t19,965) J
club.gif
(4 players, 4 all-in)

Total pot: t19,965

Results below:
SB had A
spade.gif
, 8
spade.gif
(two pair, Aces and Jacks).
BB had Q
club.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
(two pair, Queens and Jacks).
MP1 had A
heart.gif
, A
club.gif
(full house, Aces over Jacks).
CO had K
heart.gif
, K
club.gif
(two pair, Kings and Jacks).
Outcome: MP1 won t19,945, CO won t20

Thank U 4 Posting.

Crap I wanted to respond without looking but when I started this post it revealed the hands.

Ok So the first thing I was going to say was with 3 raises to me in the BB or MP1 I could fold QQ. The reason is the action tells the story. Too many players are being aggressive. Even though SB is a pot builder monkey all other players had the hands you would expect.

KK is much harder as you can see the cutoff could have been ahead as MP1 could have had AK and BB shoved QQ.

Without reads we cannot be certain in the BB what everyone has so calling may not be the best option. Because it is a tournament and survival matters we may consider 5 bet min raising and then folding to what would be MP1 jam CO rejam SB call.

A min raise to 1150 may fold out any hands that would over call for equity vs us and allows us to clarify our hand based on our villains actions. We can never be certain of the outcome but a six bet jam 7 bet jam 7 bet call allows us to fold QQ and look for a better spot with a very playable stack size.

Hope this helps.

:):)

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is just a cooler of a hand right there. Especially on the flop.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think the queens is the most interesting spot here. 160 BB deep and the pot has already been 4 bet would make me lean easily to folding here.

As for the kings, we happen to have a 5 bet and a call and a player yet to act who 4bet already, I would definitely use some of my time to contemplate folding here. Considering how deep we are here I might be able to fold here. The question would be am I good enough to fold here. I would like to think I could but being honest I hope I never am in this position here. It would have been easier if we had a read on the other players but it is obviously to early to have one.

Fishmasterbaiter

Fishmasterbaiter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep

Yeah I would have folded it right when the A came up and a bet was laid.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a freeroll i,m calling. if I paid a buy-in ,I would like to think I could throw it away,plus I might make a looser call if I,m running good:eek:

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
So the BB shoved 166 blinds early in the tournament with so much action before him only with QQ ?? LOL imo , I have witnessed so many suckouts (unfortunatelly myself included )with this overpair , even later on a online tournament with very few blinds . . And he wasn't even the chip leader/very big stack of the table .
For the KK maybe he's condemned , only a very serious and capable poker player would be able to let Kings down following his instict , which I have seen it before (on streams , etc) :)

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really dumb move to 5bet shove QQ with 150+bb

I won't fold KK
QQ is also hard to fold in the very early stage when People make dumb moves like the A8 guy.
but facing 3 all-in in front of me I could find a fold

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting.

Crap I wanted to respond without looking but when I started this post it revealed the hands.

Ok So the first thing I was going to say was with 3 raises to me in the BB or MP1 I could fold QQ. The reason is the action tells the story. Too many players are being aggressive. Even though SB is a pot builder monkey all other players had the hands you would expect.

KK is much harder as you can see the cutoff could have been ahead as MP1 could have had AK and BB shoved QQ.

Without reads we cannot be certain in the BB what everyone has so calling may not be the best option. Because it is a tournament and survival matters we may consider 5 bet min raising and then folding to what would be MP1 jam CO rejam SB call.

A min raise to 1150 may fold out any hands that would over call for equity vs us and allows us to clarify our hand based on our villains actions. We can never be certain of the outcome but a six bet jam 7 bet jam 7 bet call allows us to fold QQ and look for a better spot with a very playable stack size.

Hope this helps.

:):)

Great analysis, but there is some information: it was a KO tournament. (Some moves are made that you don't normally do)

MP1 Raise - I think it's very fair.
CO 3-Bet - OK (I would).
SB 4-Bet - I can't understand.
5-Bet All in BB - I wouldn't do it but I imagine he wanted to play 1vs1 with SB

To be honest I would call with KK assuming there was too much Ax

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the queens is the most interesting spot here. 160 BB deep and the pot has already been 4 bet would make me lean easily to folding here.

As for the kings, we happen to have a 5 bet and a call and a player yet to act who 4bet already, I would definitely use some of my time to contemplate folding here. Considering how deep we are here I might be able to fold here. The question would be am I good enough to fold here. I would like to think I could but being honest I hope I never am in this position here. It would have been easier if we had a read on the other players but it is obviously to early to have one.

It was a KO tournament, I imagine this KK would bring down a lot of people. lol (I would be one)

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
really dumb move to 5bet shove QQ with 150+bb

I won't fold KK
QQ is also hard to fold in the very early stage when People make dumb moves like the A8 guy.
but facing 3 all-in in front of me I could find a fold

QQ I would fold, a lot of previous action but KK I would say goodbye to the tournament. lol

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was at the beginning of the tournament with such small blinds. PokerStars knows how to surprise.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was at the beginning of the tournament with such small blinds. PokerStars knows how to surprise.

Yes, tournament start. It seems unbelievable but after 5 hands came 77 88 TT KK.

I was with 77 and 2 all in before me, I folded.

*** RIVER *** [3h 3c 8h Ad] [3s]

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that the QQ play was really bad. Heck, with all those players in the pot, at least one of them is bound to hit a K or A by the river. KK would definitely be a tougher fold.

C

Criminal Bizzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I would have folded it right when the A came up and a bet was laid.

They were all in pre-flop. You did not get to see any cards to make a decision based on the board.

I might fold QQ. It really depends on the players that I am playing.

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow there is a spoiler alert option lol

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It may happen, I remember once I was playing Zoom NL2 at PS, went all in with KK against 2 players: one had AA, and the other also had KK. Almost 0% equity preflop.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea its happening to me too. Im getting pocket everything lately. I had pocket aces three times yesterday lost 1 and won 2. Maybe because im playing more and just dont relize it. Good luck and hope it happens all. :angel: