I ask for advice!

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In such tournaments, at least 2-3 players always go all-in. Who wins most of the time and knocks out the farthest. You can wait out the first few 3-5 hands, wait for large cards or a pair combination and also go all-in. If you are lucky, then there is a chance, and you need to continue to go all-in against players with small stacks:)
Hi ! Thank you for the interesting turbo and hyperturbo MTT strategy.!

IFDCTHMH

IFDCTHMH

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it is hard to say. it's luck. i would play push fold preflop

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should adopt a push/fold strategy with a stack so small. No calls with connectors, hoping for a draw, no set mining with small pairs. When your stack is ahead don't become LAG. In general, what matters is not what you do, but what you don't do. Be patient for premium holdings and collect the stacks of the resistance.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think that it doesn't matter whether the satellite is a turbo or not, but rather what kind of player you are. Turbo tournaments or sats need a little more aggression and if you play too passively you won't make it. But you still have to pay attention to your cards a simple all in every hand will not bring it either. I'm not a satellite player although I've played a few and managed to get tickets.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's a very good idea to play satellites instead of micro limits
you need to know well the preflop pushers

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here you need to rely more on all-in with a good card. The blinds grow very quickly on hyper turbo and your stack will almost always be close to 10bb.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, yes, no strategy will help in hyper turbo tournaments. There is only aggression at your own risk and even at random.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've played the 16-player PS ones a lot, and I think they're really lottery. I'm a medium to weak player, in these tournaments I have approximately 14,000 games and I'm tied.

In other words, for me it's not worth it, not to mention how angers you go through, which will affect the target tournament, as well as a different march that you have to print in both types of tournaments.

Looking at my own results I say that these specifically and at the micro level (where I play) are not worth it.

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learn ICM/Nash equilibrium pushing and calling ranges and learn when to deviate. Note that ICM is drastically different for satellites with multiple tickets than it is for typical MTTs, and is also way different from winner take all tournaments.

You also need to learn what players respond different to a 2.5x open vs an open shove (some players fold everything to 2.5x that they would to a shove, and only reshove their good hands - hugely exploitable - others will resteal); and which players will limp/call vs which players will limp/fold.

Also many players have horrendous satellite bubble strategy at low stakes tourneys.

Last edited:
J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bigjay wants to know

If you enjoy playing play if you don't don't play, important unless it's your job then it's for entertainment and if that's the case if your not happy and don't stop playing you might have a problem

Pripri1986

Pripri1986

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play with aggression. Pray to the poker gods. I wish you luck.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Observe opponents and table dynamics. Play aggressively against opponents who fold too often, you don't have time to wait for AA.