I ask for advice!

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
----------------------------------Hello friends.! :ciao:---------------------------------
Satellites are periodically held on pokerstars.What strategy should I follow?- because the format is hyper-turbo with a stack of 25bb.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best advice for these types of tournaments is twofold. First ensure you have as many lucky charms around as possible. Second pray to the poker gods. This is the only way to be able to last in hyper turbo tournaments with only 25 bb starting stack.

Seriously, unless you like to gamble and play lottery, this is not poker and should be avoided.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best advice for these types of tournaments is twofold. First ensure you have as many lucky charms around as possible. Second pray to the poker gods. This is the only way to be able to last in hyper turbo tournaments with only 25 bb starting stack.

Seriously, unless you like to gamble and play lottery, this is not poker and should be avoided.
Hi!
Thank you for the advice!Yes, I am very gambling and I try to fight it,but I want to qualify for more expensive tournaments.And all satellites are either turbo or hyper-turbo.)

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These tournaments are for luck therefore only aggression

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With such a small stack and a turbo. Most players will most likely play all-in. And this is not really poker anymore. It will look more like a lottery. I don’t participate in this.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These tournaments are for luck therefore only aggression
Hi!:hello:
I wonder if there are charts specifically for turbo and hyper-turbo sattelites?And how much do they differ from the push-fold charts?

Schokk

Schokk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree that this is more close to gambling, just luck can help

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I usually play aggressively, but nevertheless I always take into account the position, and critically evaluate my chances. For me, aggressive, but at the same time patient game is the most effective way to get a prize ticket.
..... But in general, I prefer satellites where the blinds grow every 8-10 minutes.

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
----------------------------------Hello friends.! :ciao:---------------------------------
Satellites are periodically held on PokerStars.What strategy should I follow?- because the format is hyper-turbo with a stack of 25bb.
such satellites are very difficult to play and there is only luck and there is no strategy only push-fold

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
jugar agresivo a penas tengas buenas cartas porque sino tu pila de fichas se ira rapidamente

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tight at the beginning and always agresive when you will enter hands. GL!

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main thing is to quickly double your bank. I'm not saying to go all-in on the preflop every time, but you have to double your pot very quickly or win a big hand. If you sit for a long time and get nothing, just waiting, there is almost no chance of winning a ticket, because aggressive play and constant pressure on weak and short players is the main task in these fast tournaments. I'm talking about satellites in sit&go that play for 20-30 minutes.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love Sats. but not hyper turbo, you have to open your range and take more risks or be blinded out

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing is to quickly double your bank. I'm not saying to go all-in on the preflop every time, but you have to double your pot very quickly or win a big hand. If you sit for a long time and get nothing, just waiting, there is almost no chance of winning a ticket, because aggressive play and constant pressure on weak and short players is the main task in these fast tournaments. I'm talking about satellites in sit&go that play for 20-30 minutes.
Good afternoon!
Thanks for the answer! I often asked the regulars where they started, they answered that with S&G 5-10-although now they are playing abi100-500.))

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have played many times but the omaha hi / lo and very few holdem because it costs me a little more when I have to make a decision in the game, but when I play the omaha I feel more confident in my game and I play a little aggressive when I know that I must do it, I believe that the security and confidence in your game are a determining factor to face this type of tournaments and of course the luck factor that is never lacking

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Satellites are periodically held on PokerStars.What strategy should I follow?- because the format is hyper-turbo with a stack of 25bb.
Personally, when choosing, I am guided by the satellites with a preferable seat for 5-7 buy-ins. I find playing them an excellent balance of luck, skill, ROI and time. I believe that when you go beyond these limits, you either pay too much (and may well pay for the tournament directly) or the chance of winning a seat is too small.I prefer not to play hyper turbo satellites, the variance is too high and there are few prizes

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is not at all like poker, here the RNG plays a big role, which decides who will be the most successful at the table today.
You can play tight and then get hit by bad beat, you can play loose and hope for incoming cards.. I prefer to spend my time on more worthwhile tournaments.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend these are tournaments generally hard to win because they are hyper turbo. I use the strategy of waiting for good cards usually with Ace in my hands and going all in, moving forward but I don't always beat AK against 22

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If these satellites take place in the form of a freeroll, then you can still play, but if with a cash entry, then there is no point in scattering money at lotteries.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Great question! I find that the hyper turbo satellites are always good value as long as you know proper ranges for mid-short stack play in each position. There are some great tools available for studying push-fold ranges at different blind levels, such as SnapShove, just check Google. Also, check out days 13, 14, 25 and 28 in the 30-day course in this site's banner.

The important thing is to play aggressively pre-flop against players who open wide (AKA people who just think short stack play is gambling) and avoid calling all-ins from tight players without a premium hand.

Late stage is the toughest as you'll need to know when to try and fold into the money vs when you have to play for a double to get through the bubble (again, knowing ranges helps with this a lot). Typically if it's 5 or less from the money and I have 4 or more big blinds I fold everything except AA. If I have 3 or more big blinds and cover the player to my left I'm shoving any face card as picking up event 1 blind usually moves you up 10+ spots and you can be pretty sure they're looking to slide into the money.

Hope that helps, good luck :beerglass!

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If these satellites take place in the form of a freeroll, then you can still play, but if with a cash entry, then there is no point in scattering money at lotteries.
Hi! :)
Yes, these are freerolls!Over the past year, I have won tickets from $ 11 to $ 109 10 times,but it is difficult to win because of the number of 1500-3500 people and the rapid growth of blinds.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great question! I find that the hyper turbo satellites are always good value as long as you know proper ranges for mid-short stack play in each position. There are some great tools available for studying push-fold ranges at different blind levels, such as SnapShove, just check Google. Also, check out days 13, 14, 25 and 28 in the 30-day course in this site's banner.

The important thing is to play aggressively pre-flop against players who open wide (AKA people who just think short stack play is gambling) and avoid calling all-ins from tight players without a premium hand.

Late stage is the toughest as you'll need to know when to try and fold into the money vs when you have to play for a double to get through the bubble (again, knowing ranges helps with this a lot). Typically if it's 5 or less from the money and I have 4 or more big blinds I fold everything except AA. If I have 3 or more big blinds and cover the player to my left I'm shoving any face card as picking up event 1 blind usually moves you up 10+ spots and you can be pretty sure they're looking to slide into the money.

Hope that helps, good luck :beerglass!
Hello friend!
Thank you for the tips,some of them are original and I hope that using them will help me.!

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Don't play them. They are predatory events set up by poker stars that reduce the edge of every player at the table - solely luckbox events.

Play satellites that offer at least 50bb starting stack and a reasonable structure, not hyper turbo crap.

Thats my advice :)

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
In such tournaments, at least 2-3 players always go all-in. Who wins most of the time and knocks out the farthest. You can wait out the first few 3-5 hands, wait for large cards or a pair combination and also go all-in. If you are lucky, then there is a chance, and you need to continue to go all-in against players with small stacks:)