I always lose with AA in tournaments

6D62

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks again, and as for shoving pre flop, I tend to only do that as a 3bet or 4 bet, I don’t like to just open shove unless I’m short stacked, cause then it makes your hand pretty clear, so I will shove pre flop, but only if I can do it as a 3bet, or 4 bet, what does everyone think?

I had this same thought before, youll be surprised how often people call, if you managed to get a semi loose image on the table even more tho or in turneys the smallstacks who just need to go allin with any ace high or whatever motivates them for the move.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it seems to me that it's just winding yourself that AA should always win and when they prshli all hope for them and that's when they lose it causes a terrible shock ... this will happen this is poker, everything is possible)))) Need to be calm to this ... now you have moved tomorrow, you will move))

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you just got really unlucky there,because even if you min raised he would probably re-raise you and you will end up calling all-in

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also lose AA cards but most of them win a normal amount of chips or money in the game, if a small bet in the tournament I raise big so that less players get into the hand if the player raises then I try to make a bigger bet
reraise so that my AA could play in the hand, but sometimes they lose the AA cards, you also look at your position on the table and try to play aggressively so that your AA could play in the hand, but you also need to remember that they may not play and sometimes you need to discard such cards!

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, you do not say in what level you play, but if you do it in micro limits you should play aggressive pre flop, to avoid being paid with junk cards.It is a bad idea to do slow play with AA in micro limits or freerolls.
In the tournaments there is a lot of variance, so you will lose many times with AA or KK, but if you follow a good strategy and play good poker, sooner or later you will win a tournament

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this given situation, you were kind of doomed no matter what you did. I don't think a large chip stack is gonna give up on jacks even preflop. This is just one of those things where you just have to take your lumps. Most of the time jacks will lose to your aces so don't give up on them due to one bad situation.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's just part of poker. 1 out of 5 times JJ is going to win. I actually think its one of the more difficult hands to play. Most of the time you don't know where you are at post-flop, its still is only 1 pair. There are just so many hands you are behind or 50/50 with on that flop.

It is also very difficult to improve AA. Most of the time you win a small pot or lose a big one.

I think with limpers I would just shove and see what happens.

rAkshAs

rAkshAs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop is interesting thing were AA can be low hand)
That`s why this hand is dangerous, IMHO)

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yesterday on a FR for BR only I got aces cracked 3 times.. IN A f***** ROW!!!!!!

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has happened to all of us that there are days that we are very unlucky that we lose even with AA, but we have to overcome it and think that it will not always happen that with AA we will always lose because you are going to create another opponent in your mind that is fear, it is true that we must be very careful when playing AA and try to make a RAISE to limit the number of players that enter the hand because the more players enter your hand is losing validity

Z

zacspeed

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA both a gift and a curse.In the latter stages of a tournament I hate getting them and I can never bring myself to fold them when someone goes all in.
I figure while at times it sends me home it also helps me chip up.

I prefer to fast play them although I quite often may only steal blinds doing that.

E

Edson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When You play Micro MTT it's valuable to push all-in (even with monster stack :p) aganist more than 3 limpers. You will isolate some of them and You have a lot of Chance to be in 3-way pot, not in 6-way when You only make standard bet. Because all of them will call You...
Of course it's only witk AK and KK+, sometimes with QQ

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going all in pre-flop here is the only other option. I don't know your completed hand. How many players in the pot and level. Depending on my stack size I'm going to call most raises with any pair. I don't think you played it wrong the way you did play it. You just had someone the was set mining and won.