Hypothetical

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your playing well. You have been the chip leader of the table for most of the game, perhaps even the leading the game itself. Playing a balanced game. It’s fairly deep there’s one other at the table who might have you covered or at least 65% of your own.
He’s been playing incredibly loose, tilted and playing, raising and calling in many unwanted spots. Either having just joined the table or perhaps rejoining the table, you have a very good perception of images. And you yourself have a tight image.

He’s shoved on either the CO or the HJ, anyone else folds.
You are in the BB, you have a range of KTs-KJs, A6s-ATs.
He has any two cards and you know that you have a better hand (currently)

You have folded KQ, 77, AJ already because of his actions.

For arguments sake, it’s your third hour and the bubble isn’t close but is looming.
You have 85-95BBs.
He has 38-42BBs

In this situation if you have KTs they will have Q9
If you have ATs, the opponent will have K4, etc.

Who calls here?
How often do you call if you do?

Last edited:
Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you are seeing him show these hand I would be willing to take him on a bit lighter but I dont want to call to much less due to the size of his stack being so big. AJ I would call with and fold KQ, as for 77 we are lily ahead but are we really happy just taking this guy on as a 55% favorite? I dont think so for the amount he is pushing. If he falls to under 30 I start to think more and 20 I call and wont worry about it.

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but are we really happy just taking this guy on as a 55% favorite? I dont think so for the amount he is pushing. If he falls to under 30 I start to think more and 20 I call and wont worry about it.

I agree. It isn’t worth it.