Hyper Turbo tournaments

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I love em. I play $1.00 180 man and $3.75 6 man sattys to BIG$11.00 and Sunday storm. These are also a good way of moving up with VPP's or FPP's (VIP level). As has been said you also get to playa alot of games in a session. Gl in your quest....See you on the Virtual felt :D:D:D

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
you have to be very lucky at hyper's blinds raise really fast and so everyone do all -in if you dont win some chips at the beginning of the game you dont have chance to win its about luck thats all

L

Lexxx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck counts more than anything in tournaments like that!

W

Wickedestjr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The world series of poker had a $1,000 Hyper Holdem event this past summer. Are there players that have an edge in this high-level tournament? Or is there a limit to how good someone can get at the faster structure?

E

Elmuel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely my favourite type of game type. Find it quite profitable, the only negative that I can take from playing them is that now when I play "normal" games I find myself getting restless that the action takes too long to get going.

S

somersetlad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a different variety of poker. It's more about ICM then traditional Poker. Good for people who play these spots a lot rather then people who play them from time 2 time. There is a edge in all forms of poker once you play a decent volume

S

separatist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most of players who play tournaments of such format play them quickly to fill the high status and to have good rake back

Alexeyss

Alexeyss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love these Hyper Turbo tournament. I play them mostly.

D

dudu10grande

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournament type where luck prevails , after the blinds go up very fast and you start with mostly short stacked .

dnegsisabadreg

dnegsisabadreg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hypers are great. They force you to learn how to effectively leverage a short stack. You have to get comfortable playing a very aggressive type of game and know how to fight back against people doing the same. Sure, the variance is high, but that's not a bad thing. Fish don't want to keep playing if they never win.

arborest

arborest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like Hyper Turbo tournaments. You need a lot of luck to stay in play, because a lot of players fishing there and hope for the flop. I called all in and lost with AA twice last week.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know how is it possible to play these tournaments, it is more coinflip than poker.

F

Faydar09

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
definitely an edge to be had, need to work out shoving ranges and the maths.

Space Ghost

Space Ghost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally hate them. There isn't enough wiggle room.

I prefer standard and turbo because it feels more like proper competitive poker, if that makes any sense.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally hate them. There isn't enough wiggle room.

I prefer standard and turbo because it feels more like proper competitive poker, if that makes any sense.

makes sense, but there's wiggle room, you just have to learn to overcome those uncomfortable spots where you are probably too short to make a certain play and realize that even a 50 chip bet is a big bet in hypers.

razva_raz94

razva_raz94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the hyper-turbo tournaments because most of the players there are very weak :D

L

Lexxx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to be more agressive at these ones. If you wait for the strong hands, you are killed by the blinds. lol

luizmarinho

luizmarinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The lowest number of players at table and the higher blinds are comparing to stacks, more variance envolved.
But I like play some hyper turbo sometimes.

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with that Hyper - turbo is not poker, it is lottery!!! How can I called this type of game POKER, when by 3-4 hand you need go all-in.....stupid I think to spend your money for the lottery!!

Better play SnG 45+ and last 1,5-2 hours you can play real POKER and earn real money

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This type of format is more towards lucks rather than skill and hardly profitable imo.Imagine if all players at the table just waiting nitly for premium as the blind grow bigger,at the end it all depend on flip.

A

assafyer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is bingo to me sometimes it is fun but i don't like to play it often

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you don't need high skills to play these games, if you have a bad streak of hands you're dead. anyway ,$0,02 990 players in pokerstars turns interesting if you survive first 30 minutes.