Arnakk2424

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello
I just watched a video
and I would like to emphase the fact they were pretty much arguing about hands that was not in the trainer.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you have a link to a page, where this trainer can be downloaded or purchased?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok I saw it in the video now. Its not yet for sale :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched the video now, and as I understand it, the hands, that actually show up in the trainer, are fairly random and often not very interesting, like they are an easy fold. And this is why, most of the discussion is about, how we should play our entire range rather than the actual hand. As a general comment GTO strategies are often very complicated, like having both a jamming and a 3-bet small range, when we are 15BB effective and face a 2BB open.

Its interesting to understand the principle, that if we 3-bet small with AA, that allow us to also 3-bet small with a few hands like A5s or A4s, we would otherwise have folded. But I think, for most people it is more than complicated enough to try to learn the push-fold ranges, and adding the extra complexity of also having a very specific range for 3-betting small does not significantly increase their winrate.

Also the whole idea of partials and perfect balance only matter, if opponents will adjust correctly to imbalances. Which is usually only true in the GTO simulator but not in real life. So having all those partials like playing a hand 65% of the time but folding it 35% of the time are probably also not very nessesary, and its certainly not easy to implement. And maybe we can just do completely unbalanced things like 3-betting small or flat calling with only AA, if our opponents will not pick up on it.

The last point, which I found interesting, was that small pairs like 66 or 55 can sometimes be a jam, while 88 is a fold. The explanation given in the video, that 88 block the bottom of Villains opening range (which we want them to have, so that they fold), makes sense. But the question is, how sure we are, our real life opponent is opening exactly the GTO range? If they are not, then jamming 66 or 55 can quickly become worse than jamming 88, and we probably dont make any signficant mistake, if we just jam a linear range like 88+ or 66+.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never studied poker, I think it's funny that someone studies poker, because it's a game of chance.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've never studied poker, I think it's funny that someone studies poker, because it's a game of chance.
never studied, really? I'm surprise with this opinion here in CC.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Tell this to the players who are crushing both live & online. Can't say I've ever met a single one.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
This threads title is definitely false-advertising -.-