how you play small pairs utg,utg+1,mp......

MetaDon7577

MetaDon7577

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to make big bets before the flop

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to fold small pairs late in the tournament especially if the blinds are high. I like playing small pairs when the blinds are low or if I have a lot of chips. Usually the small pair won't hit a set so that's why I don't play anything less than 66 late due to the probability of getting outdrawn. If I play the pair late it all depends. Chip count. How many palyers are in the hand. It all depends on the stats at hand... 🤞

S

stamark

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
According to preflop charts you must fold small pair from these positions.There are a lot of better hands in the range of players talking after you and propably you'll have to face a 3bet or an all in

DuffMcGruff

DuffMcGruff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would avoid 22-44 in the earliest positions. These hands just don’t perform post flop OOP. In more aggressive games you can fold 55 and even 66. Once you get to LJ position, you can include all pairs.
All this is assuming your 50+ BB deep. Once you get to about 30-40 BB, the SDV of pairs go up in value.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on depth but generaly raise-pass (unless good stack ratio for set value). trying to get all of the ops 25 bbs with small pair is a suicide but shoving that same hand with small stack can be EV+. I would not over play small pairs when med-short and would overplay them when depp 100bb+.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love this thread Small pairs I tend to get in big trouble with! thanks!

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just call... maybe.. that depends on the rivals and the momentum .. the situation may be good for a bluff in utg1 re-raising .. or it may be good to make a call and make a continuation bet post-flop, you can go check-call until it is very high the bet .. but in a normal situation, where there is not much aggressiveness and the percentage of all-in of the opponents is low, could re-raise a bit pretending to have AK and then go check-call with intention to do a double- bluff on the turn and river.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This decision comes down to your table image. If your raise is normally respected. Then raise standard, and set hunt. Coming from someone that CBets right at, or just above 50% of the time, but sees less then 20% of flops, and probably less then 5% EP. When i raise EP, it's normally respected. This is a good spot the raise then check the flop if you hit or not. Figuring you have already build an image for yourself. Now on the other hand. If you see a lot of flops, and don't CBet often. Take a shot on the flop too. If you get called, and you missed back off.

Hope that helps.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would limp with these in early position. I want to set mine as cheaply as possible. I am not holding onto them either in a raised pot. And 3rdly I'm not scared to toss all my chips in the middle for a pair either. I know I can win a lot of pots if the other players cards aren't a pair. Of course all of these is depending on the table, blinds and players....