How would you play an AK in a freeroll tournament and how would you play it in $5+ buy-in tournaments?

E

eddyrj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How would you play an AK in a freeroll tournament and how would you play it in $5+ buy-in tournaments? it's because?

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In general i would play AK in a freeroll more agressively, just because is not my money :p

Tomash7788

Tomash7788

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Satellite freeroll - all in
$5+ buy-in depending on position , on chips, on other players. Probably rise 3xBB or more. Maybe try limping and hope someone would rise and then bet more

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'd play it exactly the same way in both.

Mantinhoo

Mantinhoo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
In freeroll always play All in with AK, in tournaments depend on situation.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think I would play the same way both in a freeroll and in a buy game. It all depends on the stack, if the initial stage is 3-5 bb, if the stack is short then push, if the stack is medium, I will look at the position in which I am, what raise to do and what actions my opponents did before me.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play this hand the same way in both. What chancges what I do is dependant on the player or players I am against in the hand.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How would you play an AK in a freeroll tournament and how would you play it in $5+ buy-in tournaments? it's because?
freerolls are very often hyper or turbo, buy-in tournaments can be either turbo or hyper, normal or even slow. Therefore, your question needs some clarification :)

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Normally you should play this hand the same way. don't be carried away by the feeling that one is a freeroll and the other one is a buy-in tournament.
If the site wants to punish you (trap), it will punish you anyway. :) ;)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How would you play AK on a monday, and how would you play it in canada? Neither the day of the week, your location or the buyin in the most important element in planning a poker hand ;)

R

Reginaldo Gois

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Good. I would play anyway, but if there are a lot of fishes, this raiser would be bigger

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I would play it with the same way, and it is not depending from the buy in of the game but it depends more from each situation. Generally I would play it aggressively adapted to each situation.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
exactly the same way, depending on the situation.

Last edited:
23maxim88

23maxim88

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In most cases, I go all-in with AK in freerolls and paid satellite tournaments up to $5, maybe slightly less, but if it's a bounty tournament, then quite often

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think I would play the same if my stack allows me to play, I would open 2 or 2.5 bb if the game is medium or late, and if I'm short, push fold would play as standard up to 20 bb, I think I would play like this if the medium stack could launch my hands weaker and collect chips from them and get them normally

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think I'm more likely to play AK more aggressively, more often in a freeroll. Making the assumption we are not including CC platinum freerolls in the question.
The reason is I'm more likely to need to double up quickly and more likely to get massive overcalls with AQ AJ AT in a massive freeroll. I'm looking to get chips early or go out in these massive games, if I play them.

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I play AK very agressive, because is a best hand

Gavincwb

Gavincwb

Rock Star